Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell your neighbor to stop crying and he wont be able to do anything about the noise, he is just wasting his time trying to find a legal way to keep the noise level down. I think I got the best neighbors they never complain about anything and they have little kids.
Old May 28, 2008, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Get a AMS exhaust and let it idle
Old May 28, 2008, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Damn thats messed up he would complain over an idle. I would talk to him face to face and poll the nieghbors to see if it bothers anyone else. HOAs are a pain and can make the situation even worse. I would approach the HOA first and ask them about the situation before he goes to them and complains which would put you on the defensive and fighting an uphill battle.
Old May 28, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Get a AMS exhaust and let it idle

I have an issue with my neighbors making a lot of noise while I sleep (I work 3rd shift). So I always make sure to set my turbo timer to around 3 mins and back up towards the building when I park at 7am
Old May 28, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

That letter would amount to a declaration of war for me. Time to keep track of every little thing @ your neighbor's crib and sic the HOA on him for even the tiniest violation. Either that, or move somewhere else ... then do the Arkansas trash bin mentioned earlier. Lexus hybrid, what a joke ... I'd EMP that thing. I f'ing hate hypocritical idiots like that - but then that's why I could never live in a townhome. Me and the average human being just don't get along...

l8r)
Old May 28, 2008, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Agree that most of us want to go egg this dude's Lexus...but that would not solve this issue. In that long long letter all he wanted is for you to pull in and out without idling - I guess he is a light sleeper - but he shouldve expected noise living in a community like that - top level apartment/condo wouldve been better for this guy - away from any garage. He was a bit condescending saying you probably live with your parents - but I say just live in peace with your neighbors dude. No matter what you do this poor gentleman will wake up as the EVO approaches or exits...but i say just idle down the street to avoid future headaches from his 'threat'.
Old May 28, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

Start your car and drive it. You are just wasting gas and pissing people off by idling all the time. You live in California, not Alaska. Not sure what you think your are accomplishing by warming up your car, but it is not necessary.
Old May 28, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

ur car reaches the decibel level of the state. he has no fight or say in a court if your exhaust is legal. simple. let him take you to court your not doing anything wrong. your exhaust is as queit as stock or maybe queiter, i would let him take you to court, let the judge hear your car, he will loose. if your cars legal your aloud to do whatever you want in your garage at whatever time, until w.e time noise ordance is in your town.

i wouldnt worry hes a baby....drive your evo let him take you to court, let the prsecuter here your car then see what they say, let them do a decibel test...and just move your moms car or pay for a permit fast as possible haha

goodluck
Old May 28, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

THATS FUNNY...WOW.
when ya car warms up drive away.what's he expect u to do start and drive..
when i start my car in the am it idle's for a few min and poof im gone. i say F*CK HIM!
its not like your zipping around like an ***.if he takes u to court well u get the drift! do what u gotta do..

Last edited by HaVoC RR; May 28, 2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old May 28, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

The joy of having neighbors... *sigh*

Even if he has no chance in court or with the HOA (which is questionable), the reality is its still going to cost you time and money to fight it and frankly if all he is asking is for you to not let the car sit idling, then I would do it.

Yes you are probably in the right on this one but frankly, its not worth the hassle if thats all he is requesting.
Old May 28, 2008, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Guess I'll play the devil's advocate here since Im going through that same thing as your neighbor. Some teenager on my block owns a riced out civic with the trashiest exhaust money can buy and buzzes me awake at 7am all the time. Sometimes I just wanna plug the sucker up with newspaper so I can rest peacefully.
The guy does have a legitimate case if your Evo is indeed waking him up at irregular hours in the morning whether or not its within 95 decible legal limit. I guess the solution would be to warm up outside the garage or further away from the townhouse.
Old May 28, 2008, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

I honestly dont think it is the noise that is getting him. Its the fact your leaving your car idle. you mentioned he drives a hybrid. it annoy's the **** out of him that you are not as green as you can be. you could be asking for more trouble than your parents are asking for too. idling your car is a poor way to warm it up as other have alluded to. get in and get out of the drive way and drive the car tamely. it will warm up faster, and actually warm up all componants of the car too.

I would be cautious is all.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Just roll your car out of the garage when its warming up...its the resonance in the garage that makes the car sound loud and deep....esp the IX's . My VIII was never as deep as my IX is. (stock)
Old May 28, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Dear Neighbor,
Thank you so much for your concern about my exhaust. If you would, kindly direct a letter to Mitsubishi Motors and let them know their exhaust system inconviences you for a good 10 minutes out of the day. I am quite sure they will be willing to compensate you in some way. I am making a copy of this letter and will send it to you. I recommend rolling it up very small so when you stick it up your as* it doesn't hurt to much. Perhaphs there is a way it can better your life as I have been pondering that using the vibrations may be a way for your wife to have a good time since obviously you are quite up tight. This is nothing personal as I know you are just one of those giant ********* who has nothing better to do. Please feel free to take me to court, as the court fees will cost you more and so they can at you and I can see it in person. I will make sure that from now on I give my car a nice 20 minute warm up in the morning followed by a 20 foot burnout down the street. Thank you again for your concern and please don't hesitate to call who you need to and we'll work it out *big kiss*
Old May 28, 2008, 07:10 AM

Yeah, annoying neighbors suck. Luckily I don't have any of those and nobody complains about my car. But, I would just start the car and go in the morning if that will keep him out of your hair. It won't hurt your car to do that as long as you don't get on it until it has warmed up. Now, if you comply with his request and he still complains, then that's a different story.

HOA's have more power than most people think. I know mine can impose rediculous fines and even kick me out of my house for severe infractions. They have their own set of rules that may or may not be rediculous. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...