Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 07:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well he only complains about idle. Maybe every time you get home you could sit on the 2-step for a few seconds and see how he feels.

But seriously I would talk to him and let him know you ARE the home owner. He is probably just trying to stick it to you because he thinks you dont own the townhouse. He seems like an angry old man who has nothing better to do then complain about things that are legal but can be annoying.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:15 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolved Monkey
I guess the solution would be to warm up outside the garage or further away from the townhouse.
Agreed. It's a lot easier than fighting about the situation.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
Agreed. It's a lot easier than fighting about the situation.
I dont understand why the OP has to be inconvenienced because of his neighbor. He is doing nothing wrong. As someone with a remote starter i would not move my car every time i started it just so someone else doesn't hear my car.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spish
Leave him a flaming bag of poo, he'll get the message.
do this.

no, seriously.... this guy is retarded, gay, and probably doesnt have many friends. he's probably angry at life and jealous of your Evo... tell him that you pay your bills/rent just like everybody else! and your car came like that stock from the factory... so it is a "normal" factory exhaust... and if he doesnt like it, blow it out his ***..... "you dont like the music, change the station(i.e... move!)
Old May 28, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't screw with the guy by getting louder or egging him, because that will only make things worse and could give him grounds for some sort of action. I highly doubt the HOA would have a problem with allowing your car to warm up since it is within legal decibel limits and you aren't being obnoxious, but you still may want to contact them before he does. People like this tend to have a lot of time on their hands to make your life miserable, and its usually just easier to squash the problem asap.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I can see where your neighbor is coming from. In my community I have neighbors complain about my exhaust. It is loud and i understand 100%, however, knowing this i don't sit in my driveway early in the morning or late at night. I will start and drive off very slow and cruise. When i get home i park one time and turn off the car and roll up the windows with the engine off.

Your neighbor is taking it over board, if you fall for this he'll try and take you for anything. Next he will ask that you don't work on your car out in the open or with the garage door open, something ridiculous.

If you drive your evo 3 days a week, that guy needs to go get a girl friend. If he had a girl he wouldn't be so preoccupied with other people.

Good luck. And take it to the HOA. Don't do stupid stuff like throw eggs.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I am the VP of our HOA and I am 28- our HOA is basically worthless. WE have had discussions of imposing fines/sanctions etc and it is not worth it to us. It just causes more work and legal fees if the homeowner wants to get the situation addressed in court (and HOA loses 9/10 times) and HOA has to eat the legal fees. All we are is at best an impartial arbitrator. And even in arbitration, you will win.

The car is within legal limits set by state/county etc. so tell him too friggin bad. you have just as much right as anyone else in your complex and you are following all applicable laws and rules. I had this discussion one time with my neighbor and then a visit from a deputy sheriff. I showed them that the exhaust was stock and started it up for them, they admired the car and then told my neighbor if he called again, he would be brought up on charges for filing a false claim.

Forget the neighbor and tell him to return my earplugs
Old May 28, 2008, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What a little girly man. I'd just laugh at him. He's probably one of those people that don't watch tv and read books all the time. lol Not saying theres anything wrong with that, I don't watch a lot of tv and I read a couple books here and there but to complain about something as dumb as this is just sad.

Keep doing what your doing. Its legal and there is nothing he can do.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What? maybe you should push your car down a block than warm up? or convert your evo to hybird? It is only 1 guy that complains. I would strike first and contact local police about him sending you stupid letters and harrasing you! No I woulnt egg his car nor do some stupid things, who knows maybe he is just waiting for that? This guy is just jalous about your evo bro! and do not talk to him it wont change a thing, im pretty sure.

Holly crap, I remember when I used to live in condo complex and this damn bus was picking up kids to school, HE would idle for a couple of min, i didnt care about the noise when i was sleeping, JUST the damn fumes coming into my house! when the window was open!! i didnt do anything i just close my window and went to bed , problem solved....

the only thing you can do, is to start your car and leave right away. You do not need to warm you car for that long if you stay out of boost!

Thats what i do, my car is pretty loud but i start the car and leave quiet.

good luck!

Last edited by tweakdsm; May 28, 2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

The guy really isn't asking for much.

Why start **** if you don't have to?

I know WHY you leave the car idling, and it's necessary for proper operation... but figure out a way. If it's echo'ing off the other houses, park it parallel in the road to them for a few minutes before you leave.

Maybe I'm just not one for confrontation. The guy didn't seem that pissed...

But think, if you DO **** him off.. you can expect "presents" on your car. Like key marks, etc.
Old May 28, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fxyxixe
The guy really isn't asking for much.

Why start **** if you don't have to?

I know WHY you leave the car idling, and it's necessary for proper operation... but figure out a way. If it's echo'ing off the other houses, park it parallel in the road to them for a few minutes before you leave.

Maybe I'm just not one for confrontation. The guy didn't seem that pissed...

But think, if you DO **** him off.. you can expect "presents" on your car. Like key marks, etc.
It's the fact that he made little references to him starting problems with his parents and the other things he said. People like him think that as soon as they bring up court that others will cave and not press the issue. No, you don't have to be nasty about it, but it IS the fact that he pays his bills just like this complaining little pu**y does and should be allowed to do things within reason. He's not having Metallica hold a concert there every morning or holding the rpms at redline.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Tell him to pay for a small sound-proofing screen/wall. It's very doable and doesn't cost a lot.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once again the "oh he r just jeluz he no has evo" comments are humorous. Not everyone on this planet worships sport compact cars and is jealous of those who have them. Yeah, maybe he's just got a problem with noise. Imagine that . . yeah, wai! Surprised the word 'hater' hasn't come out yet. . .

Ignore most the comments here regarding doing anything stupid to him. . . Do go down and talk to the guy and come to a resolution to the issue. If you don't it could cost you time and plenty of money if he decides to go the court route.

As far as the HOA goes, depending on how strong yours is you may not have anything to worry about from them. I've been on strong ones, I've been on weak ones. . . It's all about the board, how they run it and how far they will go.

Luckily both the HOA and any court visits can probably avoided by just going down and talking to the person. . . Bring good beer & make a friend
Old May 28, 2008, 08:04 AM
Account Disabled

lol my neighbors hate me too... f()ck em
Old May 28, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

he has nothing better to do thats wat

Quick Reply: Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...