Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
take the valve stem out of his tires, then recap them
Old May 28, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
There is a very simple solution to this.

Go to Radio Shack. Buy a digital SPL meter.
Start your car and let it idle in your garage.
Stand in front of his house and take an SPL reading.
Shut your car off and take another SPL reading.
Stand in front of his house and wait for a car or truck to drive by - take another reading.

Then give him the results to show he has no grounds for his complaint. I am sure that the reading with your car idling will be very minimally higher, if at all, than with no noise. I bet the car driving by will be the loudest.

Then say - "When you get the HOA to ban cars driving by your house come talk to me and we can work something out."
Old May 28, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should go ask the neighbors if it bothers them, possibly get a note from them and if he is the only one that is being bothered about it i don't think there is much he can do. The car is under state regulations, so the HOA cannot do anything, the car is legal and you don't have the right to change anything because of a complaint.

you should buy him some sleep aid pills :thumbsup:
Old May 28, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

As has been mentioned, the simplest solution would be to simply start the car and drive off, like your neighbor requested. Yes, he is being a ***** and pretty unreasonable, but it's easier to make the compromise rather than try to fight him, especially since it doesn't force you to change your habits too much.

I can understand his annoyance with the noise as I have had loud neighbors. Of course he's being pretty dumb considering he chose a residence that happens to be in close proximity with its neighbors.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

this guy is stupid....
tell him to go shove it
Old May 28, 2008, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 97TSiAWD
As has been mentioned, the simplest solution would be to simply start the car and drive off, like your neighbor requested. Yes, he is being a ***** and pretty unreasonable, but it's easier to make the compromise rather than try to fight him, especially since it doesn't force you to change your habits too much.

I can understand his annoyance with the noise as I have had loud neighbors. Of course he's being pretty dumb considering he chose a residence that happens to be in close proximity with its neighbors.
i like to warm my car up too for whatever the reason is, i feel it jerks less and it makes me feel better if i just warm it up for a little bit. as you are saying you have to compromise a little bit, the neighbor will have to do it too
i don't have a picture of the complex where he lives, but there might be nothing for him to do rather than just start the car and leave, i dont think he can park it in a place where is not going to disturb the neighbor and in a place where he is comfortable leaving the car parked.
the thing that i am worried, is that ive had neighbors that had tried to poison my dogs because they'd barked if somebody would look in the patio (obvious). so i am wondering if he would do something to hurt your car.
becareful with your decisions.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
These are the kinds of situations where being understanding and friendly is way more simple than escalating the problem. Just talk with him, tell him your exhaust is completely within the noise limits set by the governing authority, but that you will do your best to respect his perspective and limit the idling time that apparently causes him the heart burn. No big deal, and it does not waste your time dealing with the HOA, the courts, or anywhere else. There's rarely a time that you need to turbo time your car anyway, if you have decent oil. Just don't get on it until you're up to temperature anyway...

Frankly, is that how you want to spend the little free time most of us have any more?
Old May 28, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let him take it to the HOA... If the exhaust really is within the decibel limit, he cannot do jack **** to you. If you have any friends with open header v8s... Have them pay him a nice visit for a few nights in a row around 3 or 4am... Have them back into his driveway and turn around... He cannot do anything besides call the cops and honestly... Does this guy not have anything better to do?
Old May 28, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, I live in a very wealthy area where everyone around me drives the newest Porsche or Lexus... And my neighbors love my car because they think I wash and wax it too much that im taking the paint off it... And I probably am haha. And I have a AMS TBE (no cat).. It is quite loud.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:54 AM

Oh god people like this really **** me off. They complain about the STUPIDEST **** and are willing to make your life hell because they obviously have nothing better to do. Don't give into this guy at all. He needs to learn to suck it up and deal with everyone else who lives in this world. He's a control freak and if something isn't going his way, he's gonna ***** and complain about it till he does get his way. I mean if you had a Nissan Titan with a flow master 40 series on it and you were redlineing it every morning then yeah...he can complain, but a stock evo at idle? No way...thats pathetic. Stock Evo's aren't even that loud....I used to own a stock 95 dodge neon a while ago and that thing was as loud (if not louder) than a stock Evo lol

Go to his house or call him on the phone. Tell this guy to leave you alone and if he doesn't, then just call the police. He's being a ***** and you don't deserve this kind of crap he's giving you. The fact that he walks into your garage AND is reciting little events that have happened over A YEAR AGO, really shows how much of a bully this guy is.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

just back in....
Old May 28, 2008, 09:03 AM

Just push your car down the road before starting it..

My old mustang use to wake my nieghbor up every day at 6:45. It got to the point she said she use to stop setting her alarm for school and just let my car wake her up
Old May 28, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Beware of this guy mitsuboost30, He's a SCAM!!!

Originally Posted by mitsuboost30
lol my neighbors hate me too... f()ck em
Old May 28, 2008, 09:04 AM

i like how he threatens you with "the courts"..... id tell hm to suck it and stay off my property before he gets a beatdown
Old May 28, 2008, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

My neighbors look at me all the time, I fire up my Buschur every morning with the garage door open and it is LOUD when inside concrete. They tell me my car sounds mean but I know they are pissed every morning at 0600 when I pull away. I DO try pulling out as soon as I can and get out of the development.

Quick Reply: Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...