Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
This is one major reason I would never buy a condo or live in a similar place. I hate abiding by gay *** rules and neighbors where usually 1 out of 10 are dicks.
I bought a duplex and my tenants are well awhere of what my car is My next door guy doesn't really like me and the fact that sometimes beer cans are in my front yard, but hey, wtf can he do right!? LOL
Well the only thing I would worry about is vandalism, thats why my houses will always have garages and my car is NEVER parked out front.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throw some dynamat his way. LOL.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:29 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tell him to buy some shrubs to deaden the sound. Your not doing anyting illegal nor are purposely trying to disturb anyone. Why twist your way of life when you dont have to because of some whinner.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Get a copy of your HOA policy, read up on it thoroughly, take a poll from the neighbors where they sign a little paper that says it doesn't bother them, if its majority and you're not in violation of the HOA policy in any way then stick it to the MAN!

You already stated your "legal" with regards to local law and neighbor is clearly just a douche. Maybe a nice restraining order against him so that next time he comes into your garage or anywhere on your property he leaves in handcuffs. A subtle flier for some dynomat for his bedroom walls would be a nice touch as well. I mean honestly...posts like this just make me sad to think that so many other people have nothing better to do than complain.

Logically explain to him that it is in the best interest for the prolonged life of the car to warm it up in the morning and because it's a turbocharged car to cool it down after driving and that it could negatively impact your engines life by not doing those things. It is also negatively impacting your cars value for it to sit outside in the elements as opposed to the garage (your paint specifically) and that his request for it to be parked outside instead of the garage would only be considered if he was willing to pay for the additional wear and tear caused to your vehicle by accomodating his unreasonable requests. If you're leaving that early and he is whining about being woken up for sooo long, assuming he works normal hours he should have more than enough time to get back to sleep for a while before he has to get up for work. If not than he should consider some sleep aid medications probably. If it was me and he won't budge and just insists on causing further problems or whining more I would show him the facts that your in compliance with the law and hoa and advise him to seek housing elsewhere or quit the bi$&@ing and get on with his life. Local law should superceed HOA rulings regardless I'd think
Old May 28, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
tell him to buy some shrubs to deaden the sound. Your not doing anyting illegal nor are purposely trying to disturb anyone. Why twist your way of life when you dont have to because of some whinner.
Because you can show a little respect by not being an a$$hat. The neighbor isn't asking for much, just quit idling the car. This is the same kind of crap that happens when someone has a screamin' baby in a movie theater. It's freakin distracting and others can't enjoy the movie. But the parents sitting there with the screamin kid think they are the only ones there to see the movie and don't think for a second that they are ruining the experience for someone else.

You people need to start thinking about someone other than yourself for a change. If you're lucky someone will do the same for you.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Box Rocket
Sorry, but I can tell I'm in the minority here. This thread pisses me off. There is so much evidence here of so much that repeatedly irritates me these days. People have no respect for others. Too much of the "all about me" attitude.

Sorry but your neighbor has every right to ask you (which he has done quite politely) to not leave your car idling because of the noise it generates in his home. That is not too much to ask. Show some respect for someone else and quite whining about how your "man-gina" hurts because someone told you your exhaust was too loud. He didn't tell you you had to remove your exhaust or park somewhere else. All he asked was that you start your car and leave rather than leave it idling.

And all of the rest of you punks that think this neighbor is out of line and that he deserves whatever type of retaliation you've suggested are all disrespectful a$$-holes and need to grow up and should have had someone beat some decency and respect into you at a younger age. I'm glad none of you are my neighbors.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to enjoy your hobby and be able to modify your car however you want but you should be considerate of others and any issue they might have with it. They should likewise respect you which your neighbor has done by at least trying multiple times to come talk to you in person to try to find a solution instead of that total pansie move of leaving the noise report and earplugs on his door.

Grow some ***** and show some decency.
I totally agree with your point. There are some incidents that he did not/forgot to point out in his letter. For example, some weekends I start up my car in my garage to reposition it for I can jack up the vehicle, etc...then I do my work/maintenance. For some reason, when I restart my car to park it back to one side of my 2 car garage, this guy just barges in my garage and asks me why I have to keep restarting it....I politely tell him that I only restarted to move my car so i can work on it but it tells me it bothers him. This probably one of the reasons why he might say I let my car idle..
Old May 28, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

To the OP, I hope you read this. This one is a tough one because I can see both sides. Obviously the guy is annoyed by your car but chances are, he's the type that's annoyed by everything. I would hate to live next to him. I know enough people like him, UGH! And to receive that letter, I'm sure you were like...What the!!! A normal reaction.

My neighborhood is pretty quiet and I actually like it like that. I also cringe when my Wife drives my Evo because I can hear her a couple of blocks away. I also get annoyed when I hear other loud exhausts around my neighborhood or people speeding passed 25 mph. My Wife leaves an hour before I do and her mustang wakes me up every morning and the car is bone stock.

Yes, I am a hypocrite when it comes to the noise factor, crazy, I know, I also got a tanable ultra medallion for that same reason but I lost the resonator yesterday and it's loud as heck! So, I am shopping for a new silencer.

My advice, talk to the guy, because when it comes to disputes in small communities, they can drag on and it just gets ugly. Been there, done that. Years ago I had a situation with my neighbor, they were very sneaky about it and vindictive. Their Mom was also a member of the association which made it worse for me. In the end, the husband was reassigned to work down south and they moved out, and I moved out about a year later. We went back and fourth a bit, not worth the hassle.

In addition to the feedback that you are receiving on this forum talk to friends or relatives that do not own Evo's just to get another point of view.

Good luck, let us know how it works out for you as I am now dealing with a situation that occurred this weekend when a buddy of mine decided to take off his resonator and rip it about about a block away(Two Police Officers showed up at my house ). If he reads this thread,"Dude! You suck!","I love ya but you suck!" I now feel like I'm being watched every step of the way. Sorry, a little off topic, just had to get that off my chest. I still have that nauseating feeling about dealing with unhappy neighbors. That's why this thread caught my eye...

I hope this helps.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Okay, not reading the whole 7 pages, but I read the whole letter. And all I have to say is that if this guy wins, PM ME... So I have a case to use against ALL my neighbors working in their yards at ungodly hours, esp on the weekend. Why should I wake up at 6 am because you wanna mow your lawn? Oh I know, because that's life and I deal with it Welcome to living around other human beings. There's a guy with a harley behind our house and that is obviously way loud too... Jeez, people should calm down.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Yea I do believe this guy get annoyed easily. Before my actual next door neighbor moved in, she told me that this guy asked her if she has any kids. She doesnt and his replay was "thats great"....
Old May 28, 2008, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nothing is wrong with you idling the car.... If he said you were revving it and doing all kinds of stupid bs then he has the upper hand. The evo's exhaust does have a pretty deep tone to it and i'd say just do what you think is right.

Now that things have gone this far and i'd tell him f-off..... I think from the beginning something should have been done...

Now i suggest you get two really deep 12's.. Like some JL Audi w3 and chill with that while the cars idling lol.

Cheers!
Old May 28, 2008, 10:46 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
For crying out loud, start your car and go like everyone else. Some asstard across the street from me has a J-body he lets idle every morning for like 2 minutes, and I want to go throttle him. And not because he wakes me up every morning, but because he put an exhaust on a piece of shat car that makes no power- only noise.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
show him your evo and its history, maybe he will appreciate it more and expect hear it from now on
Old May 28, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Wow. Your a better person that me.

Like others have said i would rev it in the garage at 4 AM with no exhaust.

I am pretty sure my car is ten times louder than yours. I also live in a quiet neighbor hood but i also try to coast in and out of the garage and not come in or leave at crazy times in the night due to noise.

Hope everything works out.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

LOL @ the earplugs you left with the report! I needed a good laugh this morning.
Goodluck with the whole situation.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

this thread is a good reason to get a nice piece of property out of the big towns, maybe somewhat country or at least where you wont have any neighbors for a few acres... people are too damn nosey and need to mind their own damn business... go forbid the guy likes to let his car warm up... im the same way.. when its cold out... i even start my car, set the turbo timer to 6-8mins and take the keys out, lock the door and go back in the house...

lucky for me, i have pretty cool neighbors...

Quick Reply: Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...