Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...

Heres a quick rundown.....
1) Moved into my townhome in Torrance CA. about 2 yrs ago which I paid for while I take care of my mother.
2) Got a complaint from my neighbor's neighbor regarding my STOCK exhaust :idiot2: (age in the early forties and drives 08 Lexus LS430 Hybrid)
3) I have a great relationship with my direct neighbors right next to me.
4) My daily driver is my Honda Prelude that I park with a permit.
5) Once again, the neighbor that is not directly adjacent to me keeps coming into my garage while I warm up the car or even when I do any type of maintenance.
6) I got annoyed so I left him a Vehicle noise report from the REF. with EARPLUGS
7) Installed a Fujitsubo exhaust system (not even louder than stock)
8. He tells me to park my Evo outside of my garage so its further away from him :?
9) Just received this long 2 page letter from him.

Old May 27, 2008, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leave him a flaming bag of poo, he'll get the message.
Old May 27, 2008, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

This guy is absolutely ridiculous. The dude would hate me even more, I fire up my Chevelle at 5:30 in the morning 3 weekends a year to go to a big car show and its probably 10 times as loud as your Evo. Just to **** him off even more I would uncork my car and run around open headered. Seriously let him go to the HOA, I highly doubt there is a lot he can do, especially if you are within the db limit.

Last edited by EVOSE06; May 28, 2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old May 27, 2008, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

He has a valid point and isn't asking for much. I wouldn't park the car in the visitors or outside of the garage but the very least is just start up the car and go. Just don't boost until the temp. needle has moved...
Old May 27, 2008, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

HOA can do a lot more than ppl realize. Find out what the HOA noise level rules are.
Old May 27, 2008, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Jesus... What a whiner! If it was me I'd get a bunch of your friends with modified exhaust to drive by early in the morning and rev by his house... Thats just me... I'm an *** though . Regardless, if he takes you to court he really has no case and will just be wasting his money and both of yours time. As you stated the exhaust is legal and noise compliant and you have received no complaints from the other neighbors, those that live right by you, but this guy that lives 2 houses down is complaining. If it comes down to you and him going to court or bringing it up to the HOA than see if you can get written letters from your adjacent neighbors that your car causes them no problem and this guy is just being a whiner. Good luck and keep us posted.

Blue: He started that he has a pass to park the Prelude there.
Old May 27, 2008, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

What a *****!!!!
I hate people that have to find a way to be a jackass just because they have a miserable life!
Old May 28, 2008, 12:06 AM

Is the 95 decibel state limit measured at redline? That was the impression that I always got so I don't think he can complain about that unless your redlining in your garage. Honestly if the exhaust is under state regulations I doubt there's anything he can do legally or with the HOA.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for the feedback guys. Yes I do respect all of my neighbors and since I drive my evo only 3 times a week, I usually warm it up for at least 1 minute or less. Sometimes I drive my evo to work around 5am and this guy is telling me that it wakes him up!

btw, my dB level is 91 @ 4100 RPM.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:21 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
he feels superior because he owns the townhouse unit while you apparently is belittled by the comment that your parents own the townhouse vs you owning it. Wait until the HOA informs him that you sir are the actual owner of the townhouse and that should shut him up. equal owners rights and like everybody said, there is nothing that the HOA can do about it.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:22 AM

You're not doing anything wrong...the car is idling for a few minutes and he has the nerve to complain?? thats ridiculous. Its one thing if your revving in the garage and its crazy loud but idling?? come on!! I say let him make his complaint to the homeowners association and then give your side. He's in his forties and he sounds like one of those 80 year olds that complain about everything in their life.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by sblvro
he feels superior because he owns the townhouse unit while you apparently is belittled by the comment that your parents own the townhouse vs you owning it. Wait until the HOA informs him that you sir are the actual owner of the townhouse and that should shut him up. equal owners rights and like everybody said, there is nothing that the HOA can do about it.

Well said!!!
Old May 28, 2008, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

yes well said!.... I assume that guy thinks im a teenager living under "my parents" home since I look younger than my actual age (29)
Old May 28, 2008, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stevoooo
You're not doing anything wrong...the car is idling for a few minutes and he has the nerve to complain?? thats ridiculous. Its one thing if your revving in the garage and its crazy loud but idling?? come on!! I say let him make his complaint to the homeowners association and then give your side. He's in his forties and he sounds like one of those 80 year olds that complain about everything in their life.
+1
Old May 28, 2008, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

HOA's are some of the most annoying POS's out there. There is a real b*tch that feels she has to enforce the rules (as she understands them anyway and shes not even a part of the HOA) at my girls town home complex. I changed the door lock on my girls front door from gold to a nice bronze. A few days later we get a letter. Anyway, Considering he took the time to type out this "no life" complaint, he'll just keep annoying you. I mean come on....he lives live in a town home; You expect some noise from your nieghbors considering your proximity to them. How much power does the HOA have in your complex? Where in torrance? so I can Idle at his house for a while J/k Good luck bro.

Quick Reply: Dispute with a neighbor's neighbor in my townhouse complex regarding my Evo...