Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Feels like im holding the brakes

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feels like im holding the brakes

Ok this isnt for me its for the guy who bought my evo about 3 months ago

The car drives normal in every gear but once you get into boost its like im holding the brakes and brake boosting and it does it in 2-5th...ive checked all the vac lines and the IC piping and its all tight and no holes anywhere. ive checked all fluids in the drivetrain and all is good...but like i said its like im brake boosting once i hit boost

Mod- Full TBE, MBC set at 19psi, K&N drop in filter

Any help would be great
Old May 28, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

do a boost leak test. just looking to see if hoses are plugged in isn't good enough because there's a billion places a leak could be coming from.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 05:07 PM

ok did a boost leak test...found ALL the leaks and fixed them i replaced the spark plugs so now its still feels like im holding the brakes but its not backfiring at all anymore

the car boost and the gauge reads 19psi and i can hear the turbo like any other day but could there be a chance the turbo is shot or something in the head because ive also noticed that the normal ticking can be heard over the radio and the windows down....