Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cowardice slashed my Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2008, 01:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks man! Sorry it happened.

On another note it doesn't look too bad. Take it to a detailer with a good reputation in your area and they may be able to wet sand it and buff it out. It'll be cheaper than having to repaint it.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

i hate people like that
Old Jun 1, 2008, 01:59 AM

LOL...i have a similar story..

so i live in an apartment which has a stacked parking structure like the one in Tokyo Drift. i parked at the 5th floor and after i backed out...there was a lowered IS, who pulled out at the same time as me. Ok, so we started to head down and he was in front, after the first corner he started to speed up, and i kinda feel like playing with my car that day so i followede. Then it got more intense, and he sped up even more...And right after he made the last turn to the 1st floor there was a car comming up which he almost ran into head on. Both cars stopped really close to each other, from my view i thought they crashed. There was like a pause for like 5 secs and no1 could get thru, then the rsx had to back off andlet the IS to pass thru. RIGHT at that moment, i had the feeling that IS was really mad at me and would do soemthing to my car.. I dont no why.. Then the next day, i walked to my car i see a 12inch keyed mark on my drivers side. im pretty sure that was the IS guy who did it, and i vaguely remembered where he parked that nite. But ever since that, i never see that car again.. @%*#!!

Must say, he has no ***** and poor sportsmanship. I no there are so many ppl out there who r like this, especially the civics. 7/10, a moded civic tries to start S* with me by paralelling with me and giving me a face. And after i beat them, and i dont want to play anymore they catch up and give me another face. Then they start speeding, cutting lanes, racing by themselves and think they won in the end or soemthing.. I bet this is the most common experince u guys all have.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 02:15 AM
Account Disabled

thats sucks....i had about 3,000 miles on mine and it got keyed from the fender to the gas tank...so the left side of my car has been repainted ..
Old Jun 1, 2008, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that man. B.S. like that is ridiculous. I have never figured out what possesses people to defile other people's property like that.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn dude sorry to hear and see this, iam a detailer and i will fill you in on a couple of things. First you need to evaluate how deep the scratch is, is will give you an idea on if its completely repairable with wet sanding and buffing.
Take your finger nail and rub it over the scratch, if it catches then you have a little bit of a problem. If it doesn't then it is considered a light scratch and it will completely buff out.
The next thing is to get touch up paint, the paint code is located in the engine bay on the firewall. take that code to any body shop and see if they can make the factory paint for you.
If you have a detailer wet sand the car, the paint will be used as a filler for the heavier area.The end result will 100 times better. Something like that should be no more then 200 bucks if that
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

To the OP, go back to the mall and see if they have video taped footage of where your car was parked. If it is a nice mall then they should have cameras all around the parking areas. If they do have footage take it to the police.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

i feel your pain

was in hilton head island, south carolina visiting my parents. went to the store, and as i pulled in i parked a couple spots from a riced out civic hatch. i saw the owner walking in, and he was laughing and pointing at me when i pulled in. i didnt think anything of it, but when i came out he was gone and i saw the line

ps. i dont have anything against civics, just my guess

Last edited by gottf257; Jun 1, 2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"No trial just straight to execution"
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

wow that really sucks.
im in the philly area too.
i have a ding from retards at my gym parking lot
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to see that, My brother's ex did the same thing to mine, while I was deployed. It really suxs!
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

I am sorry to hear that bro, that is the lowest form of douchebaggery, never mess with someones car. Stupid cowards.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 08:01 AM
Account Disabled

damnn people still do this... thats horrible
Old Jun 1, 2008, 08:13 AM

Could have been a jealous ex-girlfriend. I've had a few threatening letters on my windshield but luckily no intentional damage.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Hate to see that man. About a year ago someone did the same thing to me. Mine was a little worse.

Goodluck finding who it was.

Quick Reply: Cowardice slashed my Evo