Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Deciding on getting an EVO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2003, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by N10S

As far as the interior I have owned an M3, an MCoupe, 2 S4's, and various other german cars. I am very particular about how solid a car rides and how its interior looks. The Evo may not have leather, but to me the whole black and titanium trim interior w/Recaro's results in a nice interior that I certainly am willing to put up with for the overall package.

my .02

Jeff
So the quality and materials of the plactic in the interior is not bad at all?
Old Aug 15, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by drmosh

Uh... I hope you aren't serious, the STi and WRX's clutch is relatively light. You must be a n00b when it comes to performance cars... go drive a Z06 or Mustang, then you'll know what left leg cramp is all about.
I am, and since I am that's why I want one with a light clutch since it'd be my only car.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

JRock did you test drive the EVO yet? If you did how was it?
Old Aug 15, 2003, 07:22 PM

Honda (acura too) clutches are hella ***** compared to real performance cars. They have a really soft clutch and a really small amount of available movement for throttle. Before you pass judgement on real sports cars you should try driving a few and get a feel for what performance cars feel like. After only driving a honda around you will find that most cars feel alot different and the different pedal weights will actually help you perform some tasks of driving even though they may not be the best or easiest for a dayly driver.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, get the Evo!!! You'll be happy!
Old Aug 15, 2003, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by EVO_RPM
Its definitely fine, everything feels solid.....dash/door panels are not hollow crap.

The paint concerns me much more than the interior.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 50cal

Its definitely fine, everything feels solid.....dash/door panels are not hollow crap.

The paint concerns me much more than the interior.
Thats good to hear, not good about the paint though. You can always repaint though I dont' know that many places where they can do stock interiors. I can't wait to test drive one now! Thanks for the help guys
Old Aug 15, 2003, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by EVO_RPM

No not at all, in fact I think it's of better plastic/rubber than Subaru uses. The dash is put together much better IMO (from an outside view). Things seem to fit together more like a cockpit. I'm also very particular about how a car feels, even the buttons and lever "action" of stalks and whatnot (except for the hvac controls) have a good solid feel, better than the WRX and about an Audi feel to them. The synth-suede is great stuff, it should be durable and hold you in - it's the same stuff that people in the Audi world rave about in their S4s (blah, blah, blah). The whole seating position is fun, Mitsu has given a low beltline which gives great visibility. I can finally rest my arm comfortably on the window sill, unlike the tubby feel from the Subie.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

hey i made a thread in the general evo forum. tommaro on car and driver televison they are comparin the EVO and the STi. the details are in my thread. looks like you might wanna check it out guys
Old Aug 16, 2003, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by JRock
Well I'm open to modding, and a modded RSX at least offers 13-second 1/4 mile performance for around the price of a base Evo.
Hardy har. You think a highly modded RSX that can dick on a stock EVO (in all areas, not just at the quarter mile) will still have Honda reliability and day to day driveability?

Yeah right.

Fast. Cheap. Reliable.

Pick 2.

And if all you care about is dragstrip times, why would you even consider a new FWD Rsx? There are far better, even cheaper choices.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:42 PM

don't

Originally Posted by TomsSound
sell the type-s... you wont regret it..
I'm on week 2...

Wait until week 6. That is when the transmission goes out.

I don't race, don't drop the clutch and rarely drive at all. I bought the car to enjoy when I am not working and in three months have only put 1200 miles on the car.

5th gear went out and the dealer and mitsu did not want to replace it. 50 pages of faxes later they did honor the warranty and now with another 1000 miles the front end makes loud popping noises, the clutch has an odor and 2 and 3rd great are difficult to operate. The transmission and throwout bearing make loud whining noises and

Today I called mistubishi and the dealer to bring it back in. Mitsubishi says it's the dealers problem, the dealer blames the manufacturer for making a faulty car.

To top it off the Santa Monica dealer did not register the car with the dmv for 3 months after purchase, lost the trade in dmv waiver.

The only real inspection the dealer wants to make on the car is to check for modifications (this car is bone stock) and finally said, "I guess we will fix it because we can't find any modifications."

No wonder this company is going bankrupt.

I really liked this car, but after this experience this will be my last mitsu product.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:22 AM

Hi,
I came out of an RSX TypeS a month ago for the EVO. 1200 miles later, no regrets at all! Performance wise, there is absolutely no comparison. Qualty wise, the EVO feels more solid than the RSX, chassis is definitely stiffer. Ride is rougher and noisier in EVO, but you get used to it. Gauges in EVO not as nice as RSX, but overall interior quality is close to RSX. No rattles yet in EVO. Can't comment on EVO durability, but I would say you could safely assume it will not be as good as Acura. Also, resale value of EVO no where near that of Acura.
All that said, I would never trade back to the RSX!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

My friend invested 10gs in his WRX, but traded it in for a EVO cause he knew it still wouldn't be as good. Smartest decision he ever made....
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

be a loc, sell everything buy the evo and be done with it
Old Jun 3, 2004, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Umm guys. This thread was made in aug last year. I already made my decision and got the Evo in Sept. I haven't had one problem, thank God, since then. Best decision i've ever made. Lover everything about the car.

- Rich