Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Deciding on getting an EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2004, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man that is seriously great to hear, because like you I was looking for all the same things in a car and I am seriously concerned about all the topics and common problems found on the EVO from these forums and I am still very doubtful about getting it. I want all the performance, AWD Turbo 271hp, I like the interior a lot and the recaros, and exterior styling is just sexy, but DAMN after I read these forums there's just so many problems, and then i read mitsubishsucks.com and jesus its really made me doubtful, but I still want it lol. So I'm still really split now on buying it but different from you, I would have to buy one used because I am on a tighter budget. Which is more risky for me =[ and makes me more doubtful but I was considering buying a brand new 04 WRX as an alternative but I know I would be settling and sacrificing the EVO recaro and interior, exterior sexiness (lol), and performance. But I would get more reliability as I've heard from Subaru and better dealership response.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

"Umm guys. This thread was made in aug last year. I already made my decision and got the Evo in Sept. I haven't had one problem, thank God, since then. Best decision i've ever made. Lover everything about the car."

LOL
Old Jun 6, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to continue this thread but ive got a Base w/ Leather RSX 5MT and i was just wondering how you like the Evo compared to the RSX (skip all of the perfomance stuff)
Old Jun 6, 2004, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
sorry to continue this thread but ive got a Base w/ Leather RSX 5MT and i was just wondering how you like the Evo compared to the RSX (skip all of the perfomance stuff)
Well skipping all ther performance stuff, I still love the looks and practicality (4 doors) of the car.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

how about the fit and finish. the interior, noise level (raddles, other odd noises), and maintenance. in 3years i havent had a single problem w/ my RSX (i can live w/ slight 2nd gear knotchiness). how does it compare?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

I think the RSX wins in fit and finish in the interior. The seats in the Evo r a lot better, the Evo is more noisy, as far as road noise, but I haven't had any annoying rattles so far. The maintenance is pretty much the same. I bought the car because I wanted a good track car as well as a reliable daily driver and so far it hasn't disappointed me at all
Old Jun 8, 2004, 08:04 AM

I had an '04 RSX-S for 7 weeks put on 6300 miles on her. Then I decided that it was the wrong choice for me.

The Acuras fit and finish is very good I did have a rattle from the dash(when cold), but that was about it. The Acura had climate control, cruise control, 6 disc in dash and 6 speed. Compared to the EVO it did not have HID's, One touch sun-roof, center arm rest, 2 extra doors and alot of other stuff not mentioned.

The Mitsbuishi fit and finish is also very good I have a slight rattle coming from the Passenger side A pillar,(nothing that double sided tape wouldn't fix, just haven't done it yet. The doors shut nice and solid. You will get more road noise because of the tires, but if that gets annoying you could always get a different set. Just for comparison I have had the EVO for 7 weeks and have put on 6000 miles.

The gas mileage is definitely not as good as the Acura (28-30 HWY) EVO (22-24 HWY) but keep in mind the EVO is 500-700lbs heavier, you are dragging more drivetrain and it's turboed so if you are in boost and you will be @ first, your mileage will not be very good.

Drive the R32, Suby, and the EVO then see what you think.