Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

not running right

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not running right

I installed the HKS UICP and HKS SSQV W/ Recirculation kit today. I took it for a run around the street with it running atmispheric just to get a idea how load it was before i set it up the correct way and it ran fine.

I brought it back to the garage and hooked it up recirculation and now it has a SES light. The car idles fine but as soon as you take off and get to about 10 psi it dumps the boost and stops running. Now I dont mean it just shuts off, It goes into some sort of limp mode and wont go any faster and wont rev any higher.

Any Idea's? Im going to get my OBDII reader back from my friend tomorrow so I can read the code. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on the problem

Thanks
Chris
Old Jun 5, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not sure what the problem is but I know when my friend put the exact same setup on his car it wouldn't boost past 10psi. The easiet solution would be to just get a evo IX DV. I used to have the HKS BOV and the car would bog down a lot. I put the stock IX DV back on and the car ran much better.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recirc kit or not, the hks ssqv is the worst bov for our cars. most of the replies you'll get will be dissing it.