Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi Refuses to Repair My Car - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shunderwunder
The fact that they attempted to repair the problem is an admission of a problem with the car.
I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. That will be my opening line!!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oldscholevo
bye bye warranty.
Educate yourself before making such an ignorant statement.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing that is kind of ironic to me is us as Evo owners (And the DSM people too) are the die hard Mitsu fans that deal with Mitsu's various short comings yet we are the ones they are quickest to **** when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Thats your payment for brand loyalty lol
Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

I will be loyal no more, once it is fixed, it's being sold.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Last4G63
Educate yourself before making such an ignorant statement.
From the accounts seen/shared here, that for the most part that sadly is an educated and more often than not accurate statement. Read up on the problems the user Stew here had. Since you have to go through arbitration prior to going the legal route it can be a real pain in the ***.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:28 AM

IF YOU HAVENT CONTACTED MISTU NORTH AMERICA YET THEN DO SO THEY ALWAYS HAVE THE LAST SAY EVEN IF THE DEALER DOSENT WONT TO FIX IT THEY WILL OVERRIDE THEM. IVE SEEN IT SOMANY TIMES AT THE DEALER. FOR EXAMPLE WE HAD A 06 ix WITH 20000 MI WITH INTAKE EXHAUST, WITH FITH GEAR GRINDING THE DPSM SO NO WERE NOT COVERING IT A WEEK LATER MITSU NORTH AMERICA CALLED AND SAID FIX IT.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Just got off the phone with the dealership. I think I may have hit a nerve when I started asking for all of my service records and a list of technicians and their credentials that had worked on my car. They said they are going against Mitsubishi's recommendation and will be installing the new rear-differential tomorrow morning.

We all know this WON'T fix the problem, but the dealership is willing to work with me, so I can at least appreciate that.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

At least your getting somewhere.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brian_H
From the accounts seen/shared here, that for the most part that sadly is an educated and more often than not accurate statement. Read up on the problems the user Stew here had. Since you have to go through arbitration prior to going the legal route it can be a real pain in the ***.
To simply say that a warranty is voided because of modifications to the car is completely generalized and an inaccurate statement. Consumers have protected rights that go far beyond what the public generally realizes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
At least your getting somewhere.
Babysteps... Next I will be working towards them installing a new transfer case.

They said they had another EVO in for service and drove it in comparison to my car. They said they still heard some drivetrain noise, but it "wasn't as bad as mine."
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Basicly, "Well we heard the drivetrain moving but it was screeching and shattering glass like yours"? lol
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Just got off the phone with the dealership. I think I may have hit a nerve when I started asking for all of my service records and a list of technicians and their credentials that had worked on my car. They said they are going against Mitsubishi's recommendation and will be installing the new rear-differential tomorrow morning.

We all know this WON'T fix the problem, but the dealership is willing to work with me, so I can at least appreciate that.

Please make them install a new transfer case at the same time!

For the love of Makinen!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

To simply say that a warranty is voided because of modifications to the car is completely generalized and an inaccurate statement. Consumers have protected rights that go far beyond what the public generally realizes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act
I'm well aware of what it is, I've heard it mentioned thousands of times on here and many other automotive forums over the past few years by people who got their law degrees at Phoenix Online. One thing I've never seen is someone that's been able to use it to their advantage. It didn't benefit stew in a similar situation where his motor had grenaded. Have you seen an instance where its worked? I haven't.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor

It may be your input shaft bearing. I am noticing lot of people are getting confused between this and the deathwhine. Not saying its your problem, but I have a bad input shaft bearing. It sounds the same as a t/c. The only way to tell the difference is, you can hear the i/s bearing whining slightly when not moving with the clutch out. When the clutch pedal is pushed in it goes away. T/c wont whine if the car isnt moving.

Just my thoughts for ya since I cant actually here the car.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

I would say call MMNA and explain your situation. Ask them how they would feel if they paid 30K for a car with a supposed 10 year warranty that is making ungodly noises. Noises that the Techs and service people already saud was NOT normal and replace a shload of parts trying to fix it.

Now that they can't fix it, they say it's normal. But if it was normal, then why the hell would they approve fixing something that is normal????I don't think ANY dealer replaces anything if they even have a slim chance of it being normal. Call me crazy.

Ask him how you'd feel with a skull piercing whine coming from the engine every time you drive it??

Tell them that this is a transfer case issue and that if they would give that idea the time of day, that it should work. The other alternative would be a lemon law/lawsuit, which both you and I am sure MMNA would rather not have to do. Tell them that you are not left with many options if he does not cooperate.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Refuses to Repair My Car - HELP!