Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is the XS-Power Intercooler EBAY quality?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the XS-Power Intercooler EBAY quality?

As the thread states..i was going to purchase
an intercooler from ETS(preferably the wide tank
for the 9), but came across the XS-Power intercooler for like $250. Seems way too good of a deal but was wondering if anyone RUNNING IT can throw in their 2 cents...
Old Jun 11, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i posted a thread about this a couple weeks ago. the XS-POWER front mount isnt that bad. my buddy brian runs their front mount and dynoed 427whp on stock turbo and pump gas. he loves it. he actully uses there whole intercooler kit too. another member on her dynoed at like 500 or somthing with XS-PWER front mount and didnt have a complatin. try it out.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

You get what you pay for. Being an evolved member, you should know to search. There is a thread that has a lot of feedback on that unit.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
You get what you pay for. Being an evolved member, you should know to search. There is a thread that has a lot of feedback on that unit.
I understand i get what i pay for.dont even start with the search bc YOU should know that being i AM an evolved member i did search....yet ANOTHER USELESS reply about searching. If you really took the time to read my thread i was refering to people to reply WHO ACTUALLY HAVE BOUGHT AND INSTALLED THIS INTERCOOLER.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

And the thread does have information from people WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT AND INSTALLED THIS INTERCOOLER
Old Jun 11, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

It performes great for me! Everyone I know that has it, doesn't have a single complaint!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

it does for me too, i know lots of people that have it and i never heard not 1 bad thing about it...
Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
And the thread does have information from people WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT AND INSTALLED THIS INTERCOOLER
Doesnt mean i found it as easily as you. Not everything is so easy to find. Maybe if you were helpful with a link that would be great...id NEVER bash other members with sarcasm. Thanks for nothing
Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by subrwho
It performes great for me! Everyone I know that has it, doesn't have a single complaint!
There ya go thanks for the input...appreciate it
Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoDom
i posted a thread about this a couple weeks ago. the XS-POWER front mount isnt that bad. my buddy brian runs their front mount and dynoed 427whp on stock turbo and pump gas. he loves it. he actully uses there whole intercooler kit too. another member on her dynoed at like 500 or somthing with XS-PWER front mount and didnt have a complatin. try it out.
On the site i dont recall it saying anything about cutting the crash beam or anything...do you recall if your friend had to do this because the core is 3.5"? Thanks for the info though.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

i have one F/S check it out.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by urslo4n8
On the site i dont recall it saying anything about cutting the crash beam or anything...do you recall if your friend had to do this because the core is 3.5"? Thanks for the info though.
No cutting required, the 3.5" core will fit behind the crash beam just fine...atleast it did for me
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A lot of people will say it's not a bad investment but be careful, it's not the same manufacturer producing the same intercooler model.

I ordered one off of ebay and it was rattling due to weld slop from the end tanks. If I had ran it in the car, the crap could have went through the TB and blown my engine so be careful if you buy one, make sure to thoroughly check it for any loose metal.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't have the XS Power IC, but I got the one from eBay from Just Intercoolers. It seems to be the same core and endtanks, but it has the mounting brackets welded on already.

It fits okay for the most part. It does clear the stock crash beam. The issue I had is that the mounting brackets didn't line up correctly. I had to drill/slot the side brackets to get them to fit.

It seems to perform well. Better than stock at least ... most any bar and plate will. I've tuned several IXs with similar mods minus the FMIC and I can run a little more timing then they can over most of the rev range. That may or may not be the IC ... I feel like it is.

I didn't have the slag issue that Tvieira had, but I'd second him by saying check it. the welds on mine were fine. Good quality for the price of the product.

I would recommend the IC to others. It's an effective upgrade from the stock IC and is suitable for the stock turbo. It's probably not as good as the AMS it was copied from or the Buschur or ETS options, but I wouldn't expect it to be for the cost.

Last edited by TouringBubble; Jun 11, 2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:05 AM
BBS
Evolved Member

Eric hsu hates you all.

Quick Reply: Is the XS-Power Intercooler EBAY quality?