Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A Sad day for my evo!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look on thebright side its not a honda cause if it was you wouldnt have a car cause here in new york the glass would of beenon the floor and no car
Old Jun 11, 2008, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

no alarm?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 07:33 PM

Sorry to see this happen to Evo owner... but I had this happen to me twice when I had my 8... first time they stole my Eclipse in-dash unit... Insurance paid for the new unit and i also get an alarm system. The Python alarm system I had save my dash the second time around when thieves broke into my side passenger window to still my dash… If you don't have an alarm for your car I would suggest you do... it'll save you the trouble...
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:21 PM

That sucks man. My DD just got broken into in front of my house a couple of weeks ago. I hate thieves
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznEvoIX
I live in an apartment complex and people don't **** with my car, because:

1) I park my Evo close. Its right next to my apartment, like 20 feet away.
2) I got a .357 that I will f*ckin' use if anyone messes with my baby.
3) Viper 2-Way
4) Lo-Jack

Bring it on freakin' thieves. Come get some.

- John
Ya I was gonna say, I had a viper alarm on my old evo and now there's Lo-Jack as well. Little thing's that you can do but they dont ALWAYS help ya know. Sorry to hear about everything though dude, glad to hear the family and everything was ok though. Some people just dont realize what some of us go thru to keep our car's that we get while trying to pay other bill's and for some of us support a family, AND trying to have money leftover to put into our car's... **** all that gangbanger bull****, get a life. Looks like we need to make a evo army and take over haha. o ya and we'll all cruise with a .357
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, look at it on the bright side...at least they didn't eat your Cool Ranch Dorito's
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, The small orange puzzle piece is the last one you use :P

seriously though, that really blows man. They will get what is coming to them eventually
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:20 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to see this. I hope you had a renter's insurance policy. If so you can make a claim against that for theft. Also I would find out about replacing the seat where the glass landed. It's too much of a chance to take with your little girl in the seat.

Something very similar happen to me seven years ago and three cars ago. Punks tried stealing my car, and when they couldn't they stole everything they could and did about 12K worth of damage and theft. For this reason I no longer put in good radios and speakers. Anyway, they broke the driver side window, and glass went everywhere. It took about a month to get my car back, but the repair shop did a really good job of cleaning it out (so it seemed). A while later, I was driving and I reached for some CDs in the back seat and a shard of glass not bigger than a pencil lead stuck in my finger. I was able to get most of it out, but a piece broke off inside. I've had my hand x-rayed and they can't find it, but I know its there cause there are times that it hurts like crap, like when I'm typing.

My point is make sure the glass is completely cleaned out. Not worth your family getting hurt.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

I know I need an alarm...Been slacking on that since I haven't had my evo driving in almost a year. Been sitting in my parents garage for that long. The week I have it is when it happens. But it's sitting back in a garage somewhere where no one will find it. Buying an alarm. Gonna rip out the back seats and get them fully cleaned any way I can.

Probably gonna put that head unit in my daily which has a very good alarm on it. You so much breath on that car and it goes off.

But the crappy part about it is, the car was parked right infront of my porch, but I didn't hear it, so no time for me and the .357 I got for Xmas to get out there (3rd floor sucks)

But I learned my lesson, I played wit fire for to long by keeping to many valuables in there, and I got burned finally. But i'm waiting to hear about my stuff, they said it may take a month or two since they were caught in a different state. Then comes court date and I plan on having my lawyer right next to me.

But I haven't claimed it quite yet. Still debating, have till tomorrow to make up my mind. My lawyer said i'm gonna get my money back no matter what for repairs. So I think i'll pay out of pocket so my rates dont go up. But yes I do have full coverage/theft coverage, and renters insurance.

But i'd love to see someone try and break in the car now where it's at. My buddy is a electrical genius, and has a garage wired with multiple alarms, one that will alert the police...and if you so much disturb the door it locks. So I feel safe with that. I need to ask him if their is a turret option with motion tracking laser armed guns.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 07:42 AM

Thieves suck.... I hate it when people touch my car. Breaking in would **** me off to no end.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

man i hope i never lose my baby!!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

bitter pill to swallow......... that blows
Old Aug 1, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Damn Man That Suck...sorry
Old Aug 1, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

a secruity camera isnt going to stop sum1 from breaking into your car. it just catches them ( maybe ) dont leave in apartments, waste of money anyway

yea use a gun and shoot sum1, that will go over well when ur sitting in jail.