Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A Sad day for my evo!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Sad day for my evo!!!

Well my 05 has been out of commision for the better part of a year and 1/2. My daily broke down temporarily...So I put the evo back together because I needed a car asap.

So I bring her home a few days ago. As i'm getting into my car yesterday morning to go to work, I noticed something wasn't quite right here.

So I get out and realized i'd been busted into.

Here's the results (sorry for the crap pics, but they're from my phone.)

So my New Alpine head unit is gone (ipod only unit too) my ipod is gone, my car charger is gone. Window broken. All my daughters toys I had in there now have glass shards imbeded in them.

Even my wifes car (99 3kgt SL) got broken into, but nothing stolen, just lots of paint damage.

Guys hit 10 cars in my apartment complex and hit 3 other complexes and an additional 20+ cars. Cop found them in my area and chased them and caught them yesterday morning after a 45min chase into Illinois. So i'm getting my stuff back in a few days when the Missouri cops get all the juristiction stuff taken care of.

But still i'm sitting here with $1000+ of damage done to the evo. And right when I was getting ready to buy some big go fast parts too lol.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks, I cant stand how people don't wanna work hard for nice **** so they think they can take other peoples.

I really feel bad for the person I catch breaking into/defacing my car.

A word of advice, as an MP, just tell the cops. I told him to stop he didn't and I used "The minimum amount of force unnecessary" (thats key) to stop him from damaging my property and injuring me.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

That sucks, $1000+ in damages for few hundred dollars worth of goods. I live in apt complex so this type of things makes me nervous.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

From one evo owner to another I'm sorry this happened to you.

For look on the brighter side of life at least you and the wife and daughter are okay...that is what really matters in Life
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CPA5
From one evo owner to another I'm sorry this happened to you.

For look on the brighter side of life at least you and the wife and daughter are okay...that is what really matters in Life
Thanks man. Yeah that was the first thing that ran through my head. I ran up, I knew my wife was fine cause it was no more than 2 minutes that i left...But I still ran up to check on my daughter, because you never know.

Originally Posted by Skim003
That sucks, $1000+ in damages for few hundred dollars worth of goods. I live in apt complex so this type of things makes me nervous.
Well what the cops told me was, that this happens all the times when you live in the subburbs in major cities. Especially apartment complexes. He said they were inner city thugs, and what they did was they drove around (stolen car) into nice apartment complexes...Split into teams of two, and quickly go to each car to see for an aftermarket head unit. Oh boy if I had heard this in the night, me and my .357 would of been taking a voyage outside.

We have inner city gangs always wondering my area now, that's why i'm trying to get my lease broken. You move to a place for it's safety and the safety of your family and it gets taken over.

Last edited by SpyderBite; Jun 11, 2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Ouch man, but to look on an even more BRIGHTER side...at least they were ncie enough to not cut your factory wiring/antenna! haha
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

I'm glad they got greedy enough to get caught. Move out as soon as you can.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to see that, sad... I hide everything, only you can see is the boost gauge and wide band gauge thats it. I even hide my ****ty head unit , which has face off and my pos radar just so it wont draw more attention, Im glad i can see my car from the window while im working... and at night i use my garage.

I'M glad scumbegs got caught. Good work, local police!

We work our *** off, and someone just comes and vandalize our projects and steal ****. I want to hit someone like that with my my piece of pipe that i carry in my car for self defense.

Appartment complex's are the worst, keep your eyes open. :-/
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsuEVO8kid
Ouch man, but to look on an even more BRIGHTER side...at least they were ncie enough to not cut your factory wiring/antenna! haha
true, but they did rip out the power cable for the head unit, which will now have to be re wired and all that good stuff lol.

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
Appartment complex's are the worst, keep your eyes open. :-/
Yeah I learned that one while living in Orlando. New to the area didn't know good places bad places. Picked a bad place, and got jumped really bad. But where I live now STL area i've lived her most my life...never had this happen before.

But i'm working on getting the complex to cut down the tree that blocks my view of the parking lot.

Last edited by SpyderBite; Jun 11, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SpyderBite
Thanks man. Yeah that was the first thing that ran through my head. I ran up, I knew my wife was fine cause it was no more than 2 minutes that i left...But I still ran up to check on my daughter, because you never know.

Well what the cops told me was, that this happens all the times when you live in the subburbs in major cities. Especially apartment complexes. He said they were inner city thugs, and what they did was they drove around (stolen car) into nice apartment complexes...Split into teams of two, and quickly go to each car to see for an aftermarket head unit. Oh boy if I had heard this in the night, me and my .357 would of been taking a voyage outside.

We have inner city gangs always wondering my area now, that's why i'm trying to get my lease broken. You move to a place for it's safety and the safety of your family and it gets taken over.
That blows man. Glad your family is OK. The same thing ended happening in the last apartment complex I lived in. We moved there because it was a nice area. A few months later the ownership changed hands and it went to hell.

Lucky for me our cars were spared but, I ended up renting two garages after seeing about 10 cars broken into, a neighbors turbo civic stolen for the 3rd time and some chick on a phone wandering the neighborhood looking in windows at @3am. After that I developed a bit of a sleeping disorder.

After getting the garages our rent was right there in mortgage range. So, we ended up accelerating our plans on buying a house and I sleep much better at night.

I think there is usually some type of clause in leases regarding personal safety basically stating if you don't feel it's a safe neighborhood any more you should be able to break the lease but, I'm not 100% on that.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Jun 11, 2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Three things a person should never ever mess with, a man’s family, a man’s house, a man’s ride.

I have a garage for my car when I am home, but I do wonder about it while at work. We have a security guard that monitors the parking lot though they have been caught sleeping at night. I also think about this sort of thing when I go to the store and I am parked in the parking lot. It would be easy for someone to lie to those passing saying it is their car and they are locked out if seen. People that destroy/steal the property of others make me sick there needs to be some sort of painful punishment for those caught doing so. Maybe we should go back to chopping off body parts for such offences.

Glad to hear they got caught and your family is okay.

Raist
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raistlin
Three things a person should never ever mess with, a man’s family, a man’s house, a man’s ride.

I have a garage for my car when I am home, but I do wonder about it while at work. We have a security guard that monitors the parking lot though they have been caught sleeping at night. I also think about this sort of thing when I go to the store and I am parked in the parking lot. It would be easy for someone to lie to those passing saying it is their car and they are locked out if seen. People that destroy/steal the property of others make me sick there needs to be some sort of painful punishment for those caught doing so. Maybe we should go back to chopping off body parts for such offences.

Glad to hear they got caught and your family is okay.

Raist
Im with you on the store parking lots, most people park way in the back...I look for the security camera first and park there if there is one. And I'm going to Six Flags when I go home on leave and I'm gonna take my mothers car. I just don't trust leaving the Evo in a HUGE parking lot for hours on end while I'm trying to enjoy my leave.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Im with you on the store parking lots, most people park way in the back...I look for the security camera first and park there if there is one. And I'm going to Six Flags when I go home on leave and I'm gonna take my mothers car. I just don't trust leaving the Evo in a HUGE parking lot for hours on end while I'm trying to enjoy my leave.
That's why I rent cars when I go on vacation. I can park it anywhere and not worry about it.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, but Driving from KS to CT in a rental seems like itd be a bit much besides Id have to leave my car unattended for 2 weeks. I mean I live on base and not to worried about it but there still are kids running around...and not to mention we have tornado warnings every other day, plus hail.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
Yeah, but Driving from KS to CT in a rental seems like itd be a bit much besides Id have to leave my car unattended for 2 weeks. I mean I live on base and not to worried about it but there still are kids running around...and not to mention we have tornado warnings every other day, plus hail.
Driving that far in an Evo doesn't sound any better than a rental. I'd rent a caddy a drive my living room up there.

What would you do about to tornadoes and hail if you were there?