Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

uego stuck at 14.8 reading?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
uego stuck at 14.8 reading?

was trying to tune a car and the guys AEM wideband shows constant 14.8 a/f. Even if you disconnect the sensor plug it still only reads 14.8. any ideas what I can do for him or is his gauge toast?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that would freak me out when it first happened! LOL sounds like a problem another guy had on here. I think he even posted a video and someone else noticed it to. AEM has had a few of them that have gone bad so contact them and see if they won't replace the unit.

Josh
Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
might be the sensor too. you probably need to get a new one,
how old is it?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:06 PM
Account Disabled

naw the sensor is not the problem. its new but it wouldn't matter because if you disconnect the plug from the guage itself, it still reads 14.8. Normally if you did that you would read nothing on the gauge or the error P shown.
its definelty the electronics in the gauge itself. But I was wondering if there is a way to reset it. I think having the guage hooked up to the laptop while flashing somehow messed up the gauge electronics.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Lemmonhead, mine just started doing the same thing, and it's fairly new. I, too, have been reading it through EvoScan off a separate connector.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:37 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have an UEGO, as well, and this discussion is causing some concern. Are you guys encountering this issue after flashing with the UEGO cable plugged in, or does the gauge get corrupted after logging, only?

TIA
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Lemmonhead is suspecting it occurred while flashing the ECU with the UEGO still connected. I am almost certain I have done this, but I didn't notice it "break" after doing that. I just know that my car came back from the San Diego SCCA event, and it was stuck at 14.8. While in SD, I was doing a lot of logging and re-tuning, so it's likely I was not disconnecting any of my cables while doing so.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 09:19 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks, Warr.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

I have reflashed my ECU many times with the UEGO still connected to the laptop without issue. It sounds like the sensor is not sending a reading, (no voltage from sensor) to the gauge. I ran my UEGO without the sensor for a few days until I could get a bung inplace and it read 14.8 all the time. As soon as the sensor was pluged in, it was reading correctly.

Double check that there isnt a cut or chaffed wire going to the sensor.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have an older one, and too is doing that. Sucks, because I have already bought a sensor!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:06 AM
Account Disabled

yes the UEGO was plugged in while flashing.
I just got off phone with AEM Tech support, he said by default the gauge will display 14.8 if the sensor is disconnected.
So i will have to check the sensor wires when I get off work. Somehow I think AEM is pulling my leg because It was not until right after I flashed it when it broke. The wideband was working up until that point. errrrrrrrr
I will let you guys know what I find out.For now I suggest disconnecting the WB while flashing.

Originally Posted by FJF
I have an UEGO, as well, and this discussion is causing some concern. Are you guys encountering this issue after flashing with the UEGO cable plugged in, or does the gauge get corrupted after logging, only?

TIA
Old Jun 17, 2008, 06:32 PM
Account Disabled

all fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
turned out that water got into the connecter. I tape it up and put electrical spiral wrap around it then taped it up more. back to logging yaaaaaaaaaa
Old Jun 17, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

how did u figure out water got in there???
Old Jun 17, 2008, 06:53 PM
Account Disabled

well I was looking for any knicks in the wire thinking it was shorting out against the car or something. I saw nothing. I disconnected the harness and water dripped out onto my face.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

ahhhhhh... im having the same problem but different brand so im gonna check that out!

Quick Reply: uego stuck at 14.8 reading?