Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ebay rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Tons of us run Centric Rotors from either Rotorpros or Rotorworks. 60k on my Rotor pros rotors cut the fronts once.

40k on the ones on the RS braking is 100% compared to stock the rotors have lasted twice as long and still working great

Guess they dont warp in a month huh

EVOm home of morons jumping on a bandwagon

Thoses rotors will be fine just dont get them drilled all the way through for a street car. Get them dimmpled and slotted or just slotted
Naaaa its not just on Evom every car forum is the same way. You should see the BMW forums and the way they go on and on about ebay. If it doesn't cost alot of money, those guys they don't seem to want it.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

just purchased a set of F&R rotors I was watching on ebay. $205 + $45 shipping for a set of 4 slotted rotors from RotorPros... you can't beat that!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
^No sir you certainly cannot. and you track your car quite often. Oh No be careful they may explode (sarcasim)
Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:23 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by M2007
Found these and couple others but , has anyone used these ? or know anything about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW
Some of the 1st few people that posted in your thread have nothing more then believes (just like people that believed in god) Its all base on what they think is right with no facts or testing or even experiences.

There isn’t anything wrong with e-bay rotors, I ran them on my Lexus, MBZ, and Evo…they aren’t made for track but then again stock rotors are the cheapies crap made by brembo.

I used Project Mu rotors and pads for the tracks…and let me tell you, that sh*t's louder then any tweeters made by MY Quart.

Last edited by redteam22003; Jun 18, 2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Brakes would be the last thing I would buy off Ebay. It's one thing to not get as much power out of something, and another thing to not be able to stop.

Dissatisfaction>wall
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

I made a post a week ago about brakeplanet rotors. It has a lifetime warranty people!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XIEvolutionIX
Brakes would be the last thing I would buy off Ebay. It's one thing to not get as much power out of something, and another thing to not be able to stop.

Dissatisfaction>wall
Well then you should have taken the stock brakes off your car as soon as you got it. The Centric Rotors sold by many companies on EBAY are far supierior to the crap stock rotors and pads. Read up then post. Ignorance owns you

Once again a BS post with no real life info.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Well then you should have taken the stock brakes off your car as soon as you got it. The Centric Rotors sold by many companies on EBAY are far supierior to the crap stock rotors and pads. Read up then post. Ignorance owns you

Once again a BS post with no real life info.
You have to be mad to call the stock rotors crap. Stock pads maybe but the rotors are far from crap. I know plenty of rally teams that use the stock rotors with no problems.

To those that are having problems with "warped rotors" you need to take minute and do some reading.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Stock rotors suck period. They are expensive and work for crap. Plenty of people havent even gotten 20k out of them and at that point their brake pedal was shaking so violently it feel like the car was coming apart. Weather it do to pad deposits or actual warping they suck.

60k now on Rotorpro (EBAY as some of you know it all mechanics say) Cut the fronts once. 40k + on the RS's braking is 100 times better than the stock garbage

Crap Crap Crap
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

have had a set of rotorpros slotted and dimpled front and back for 10k, works great, tracked them as well. No warping nothing, and they come with a long warrenty too. Say what you will, but for $200 something for a set i'm sure as hell happy.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Stock rotors suck period. They are expensive and work for crap. Plenty of people havent even gotten 20k out of them and at that point their brake pedal was shaking so violently it feel like the car was coming apart. Weather it do to pad deposits or actual warping they suck.

60k now on Rotorpro (EBAY as some of you know it all mechanics say) Cut the fronts once. 40k + on the RS's braking is 100 times better than the stock garbage

Crap Crap Crap
More power too you man, keep doing what works for you.

I'm willing to bet 99% of all "warped rotors" aren't warped. And to call people "know it all mechanics" you really have no clue what you're talking about.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO
More power too you man, keep doing what works for you.

I'm willing to bet 99% of all "warped rotors" aren't warped. And to call people "know it all mechanics" you really have no clue what you're talking about.
Im not directing the "know it all mechanic" thing at you per se. I know the whole "Warped Rotor" vs "Non Warped Rotor" theory. But I do have a clue ive been doing this kinda thing a long time man.

It boggles my mind how people just get on the internet and come out with stuff they have no expierence with claiming crap when it works 100 times better and performs flawlessly. Im not backing EBAY products at all. But these rotors are the best solution out for a DD/Moderate track day car PERIOD END OF STORY
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO
You have to be mad to call the stock rotors crap. Stock pads maybe but the rotors are far from crap. I know plenty of rally teams that use the stock rotors with no problems.

To those that are having problems with "warped rotors" you need to take minute and do some reading.
Dude the stocks brakes are craps..just like the cheap red paint on calipers

Take a min to do what reading?? 90% of the people on this forum replace their stocks...for what??? Stock??

They make better Brembo rotors and paints...check out STi, 350z, G35, mustang, and any other cars with stock Brembo set up

Last edited by redteam22003; Jun 18, 2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redteam22003
Dude the stocks brakes are craps..just like the cheap red paint on calipers

Take a min to do what reading?? 90% of the people on this forum replace their stocks...for what??? Stock??

They make better Brembo rotors and paints...check out STi, 350z, G35, mustang, and any other cars with stock Brembo set up
Last time I checked paint had absolutely nothing to do with braking and if you're worried about it so much you should have bought one of them.

I'm not saying everyone is replacing their rotors with stock but to call the stock system crap is just shows lack of knowledge on the system. Replacing rotors because of judder is a prime example.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I do agree with you that alot of times when people claim brake shake that it is not actually a warped rotor.

However the stock rotors tend to develop that phenomonon very often. Cut them once and you'll get violent shaking twice as quick. This is anoying and something I and this community is crazy to deal with.

Just cut them Its been the dealers fix to this crappy brake rotor since 03. Price those Brembo Rotors Yea right

My Rotorpros (EBAY ohhhh) have lasted twice as long 4 times as long as those BS Brembos

Quick Reply: Ebay rotors?