Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ebay rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I do agree with you that alot of times when people claim brake shake that it is not actually a warped rotor.

However the stock rotors tend to develop that phenomonon very often. Cut them once and you'll get violent shaking twice as quick. This is anoying and something I and this community is crazy to deal with.

Just cut them Its been the dealers fix to this crappy brake rotor since 03. Price those Brembo Rotors Yea right

My Rotorpros (EBAY ohhhh) have lasted twice as long 4 times as long as those BS Brembos
The reoccurring rotor phenom is because every time the rotors are turned more and more mass is being taken away from the rotor. Which doesn't help with cooling efficiency and increases the pad build up. The real problem with the stock Brembo package is the pad. Also a whole different conversation. Everyone wants a pad that doesn't squeal, excellent initial bite, no dust, and last 100k. Somethings gotta give.

I too am on RotorPros(what came on my car). I had brake judder a few weeks ago but a proper rebed and everything is smooth as butter.

Last edited by OldschoolEVO; Jun 18, 2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
just purchased a set of F&R rotors I was watching on ebay. $205 + $45 shipping for a set of 4 slotted rotors from RotorPros... you can't beat that!
To correct myself on my previous post. Rotorpros is pretty much a proven ebay company in the evo community. Jumping the first set of rotors for 100$ on the other hand might be a bad idea.