Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

running your evo on water?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HHO
Hoax or not? 40% guaranteed?

go to
http://www.goturtlepoop.com/

teribble, can you give more details about your kit? manufacturer, seller..
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ripsrt
This is a proven method of increasing your gas mileage. It is possible to run your car on water, but it is hard to do. On the other hand it is very practical to run your car on a hydrogen and gas mix. True, there is no such thing as free energy, but this has been proven to work time and time again. You need around 1 liter of hho per minute per l liter of engine size to see a big change in fuel economy. The next problem is that when you introduce hydrogen into the combustion camber with the fuel, it burns cleaner and the O2 sensor sees a lean condition. When the ECU sees this condition it dumps more fuel to compensate. This negates the benefits of the Hydrogen. If you can intercept the voltage signal coming from the O2 sensor and alter it before the ECU sees it you can adjust your A/FR. I know this works because I have it on my Ford Focus. Before I gat around 26-30 MPG. With the boosting I got around 42 MPG. I expect to get more as I play with the O2 voltages. I would not recommend this for a boosted car. I have a 06 Evo and I wouldn't chance it. There is alot more things to faactor in with a boosted car. The kit is out of the car now so I can update it to a bigger booster. Just do a search for Hydrogen booster kits, just like everything there are scams and legit companys. You guys be the judge of which is which.

sounds pretty legit to me.

i mean, 1 liter of water every minute, for every liter of engine displacement. so like, an evo needs 2 liters of water every minute? so if we have a 13 gallon gas tank, and we filled it completely with water, it will last 25 minutes? is this idling or WOT?

i think i might give it a try
Old Jul 26, 2008, 06:59 PM

i ve seen soo many vid of this working on NA cars but not turbo or supercharged...
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Myth Busters had this on one of their shows, it really didn't work as advertised. Then again, they used it on a carb'd buick. I am a skeptic.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vibrant
Myth Busters had this on one of their shows, it really didn't work as advertised. Then again, they used it on a carb'd buick. I am a skeptic.
And you should be a skeptic, if it worked the OEM's would be all over it! Look at the CVT transmissions it took a little while but eventually they caught on! This supposed technology of running a car on water has been around for a long time. Never really amounted to much though. I tried to explain to my dad why putting a water vapor kit on his truck wouldn't really amount to much but somehow someone convinced him it would . . . O well

Josh