Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

cats and your evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
Hmmm....I remember seeing a thread like this on the SVT Performance board...every redneck on that site was all for killing the cats...

Now, since I own an organic pet company focusing on cats (organikat.com) AND I co-own a company that makes parts for the Evo I would say this...

Get over yourself. You want to kill a cat (or you've at least entertained the thought) because there are paw prints on it? Are you kidding me? I used to have a stray that would sleep on the heat vent on the Evo. I thought it was cool that the most comfortable place for that cat was my Evo.

If you have feral cats in the area, have a shelter come by and pick them up. There are ways of dealing with this that don't involve killing. And just because your girlfriend is "beginning to see" your point of view only tells me that you've successfully poisoned her with the idea of killing the cat.
Thank you, thread answered. This thread got WAY too outa hand, you guy's are twisted.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no prob...
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

First of all, cats don't pee down the sides of cars. That's something a stupid *** dog would do. Yes I am a cat owner and cat lover. Our family has five, that's right I said five, indoor cats. If you have a cat that is walking on your car it is because it is looking for a warm place to sleep and cats don't go to the bathroom where they sleep. Cats instinctively need to cover up their mess after they have gone to the bathroom. How do you propose they do that on a car? Come on now, use some common sense. I do agree with one of the above post that you could call an animal shelter to have them come out with a live trap to capture it and take it away.

For those people that are spouting crap about killing it you obviously have no intelligence about cats and depend upon your personal affirmations from dogs.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

this problem is easy to solve, buy a can of compressed air (like keyboard duster) and just spray the cat. it will scare the hell out of the cat because of the noise and the fact it just got sprayed with air. after a few times you do it, it learns its lesson and doesn't come back.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

I'm **** about my cars as well however I park them in the garage or I will put a car cover over it. I would suggest one of these two option plus it will help keep your car cleaner longer. I guarantee that cat is not peeing on the side of your car, thats kinda retarded. I'm also a animal lover I have a very soft spot for them and treat my animals as family members. If anyone was to hurt them.... May God be with them is all I have to say. I would SERIOUSLY take a minute and re-evaluate the situation. If you like your neighbor or if he's a big guy or you think he might own a gun or multiple like me haha you should just buy a car cover. They are like $50 shipped on ebay for a pretty good one. Look on the bright side the car cover will preserve your paint as well!!
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:54 AM

i guess i'm sorry for bring this subject up, but they are peeing on the car, i've seen it and so has other people. and i never said anything about killing them.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bone
i guess i'm sorry for bring this subject up, but they are peeing on the car, i've seen it and so has other people. and i never said anything about killing them.
Frustration goes a long way for sure. Buy a car cover and problem solved and you get to keep you neighbor as a friend
Old Jun 22, 2008, 06:21 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Hmmm....I remember seeing a thread like this on the SVT Performance board...every redneck on that site was all for killing the cats...

Now, since I own an organic pet company focusing on cats (organikat.com) AND I co-own a company that makes parts for the Evo I would say this...

Get over yourself. You want to kill a cat (or you've at least entertained the thought) because there are paw prints on it? Are you kidding me? I used to have a stray that would sleep on the heat vent on the Evo. I thought it was cool that the most comfortable place for that cat was my Evo.

If you have feral cats in the area, have a shelter come by and pick them up. There are ways of dealing with this that don't involve killing. And just because your girlfriend is "beginning to see" your point of view only tells me that you've successfully poisoned her with the idea of killing the cat.

Man, I'm with you. I hate redneck idiots like that (not saying the OP would kill a cat). There is a guy on our local car forum community that had a neighbor with a barking dog that annoyed him. His solution was to put antifreeze in the dog's bowl and murder it. He posted about it and thought it was funny. I'd love to meet that guy in person and break his nose.

My car stays in the garage. If I left it outside and saw cat paw prints on it the next day, it wouldn't bother me at all. Cats don't understand people's property. The cat is just trying to stay warm. OP make a good choice. Don't harm that cat at all.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 06:25 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
If you spray a cat in the eyes with pepper spray, they claw their eyes out.

Literally.

If you shoot a person in the face with a shotgun, they will die.

Literally.

This post is as useless as yours.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 06:28 AM
Bro

Cats mark territory by spraying urine, I've had it happen to my evo too. It leaves a very thick very stinky yellow residue.

If the claw breaches your clear coat a cat can cause a lot of real damage to your car. They will claw the hell out of it trying to get traction on a finely waxed surface.

I like cats and all kinds of animals but it isn't OK to let em roam all over if they are damaging a neighbors property or killing other animals.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Trap em, put em in a cage. And put em on the porch.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
If you shoot a person in the face with a shotgun, they will die.

Literally.

This post is as useless as yours.
I'm so sorry I can't add some twisted humor to this thread. I'm also sorry that you got so bent out of shape over it.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^ I would agree

PS. I totaly thought this thread was going somewhere else by the title
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I simply wonder why one would drive their Evo or take it out from under a glass cover if they are that **** about it.

I mean I love my Evo and do not want to see it get scratched or dinged. But it is just a car and can be repaired rather easily if something small happens. If you are only worried about cat pee and dusty prints what do you do about bird poo, trees, pollen, water puddles? I mean either wash the car again or let the rain wash it for you or put the car under a cover or garage.

In fact the pee will wash off easily just use a hose and it will wash off like anything else you really don’t even have to wash the car again just give it a rinse. As for the smell another mentioned you are not going to notice it when you are outside unless you put your nose right on top of it. If it were inside you could smell it from a distance but not so much outside.

Really your neighbor sounds like a nice guy who will work on it. Heck my neighbor lets her stupid little poodle go in everyone’s yard but her own. I have not seen her allow this in my yard in some time though I do see the results when I mow.

Back to the Evo though really what do you do when you drive the car? Do you not see the dirt that gets on it right after you wash it anyway? Heck I wash mine and the next day it has dirt on it again just from driving. I have to agree with the poster who said get over yourself. Though not so much yourself but your Evo it is a car built to take a person from point A to point B unless this is strictly a show car you have little reason to complain about dirt on a car. If it is a show car find a better way to store it.

Of course this is my opinion and everyone has the right to voice their own even if it differs from my own. You can either stick with the anger over some dirt or look at the realistic side of things.

Raist
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Impulsoren
If you really care about such small things as dirt on your car, you should be parking it in the garage.
Ding, ding, ding...We have a winner!

If you care that much about your car put it in a garage where animals, weather and thieves can't easily get to it.