Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

85$ towing lesson

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must have been blarring the music because when the LICP blows off it doesn't just blow off. When any charge pipe blows off you hear a Loud POP!! then some sucking then it shuts off with acceleration. It will idle rough. SO if you got out when it was idling you would have heard the problem right way......

Evo owners best friends are the MM wrench sets, if not a complete socket set.

I was stranded on the side of the highway for 5 hours fixing my charge pipe that popped off because I didn't have my tools(lesson learned) and it was illegal for anyone else to stop to assist unless it was the road rangers. I had to use a stripped out phillips head that someone gave me. He stopped, jumped out hand my the screwdriver, said sorry bro I can't stay, can't afford the ticket, and sped off HAHA...... I learned later it was illegal in FL for someone to assist someone unless authorized.

p.s. Use hairspray when you put the pipe back on next..........clean pipe and couplers with soapy water, Spray the pipe with hairspray, let dry, and then reinstall.

SJ
Old Jul 6, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Nice, gonna try the hairspray, thx!
Old Jul 18, 2008, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

lol mine did the same thing