Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need some advice on a little decsion!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some advice on a little decsion!!!!

hey dudes. i no theres numerous threads on here about the desicion of getting a 2003 cobra vs. the evo. i currently have a 2006 evo9 special edition with your basic bolt ons and tune. but i came across a 2003 cobra and since i come from a mustang background i fell in love again. the evo is my fisrt 4 cyl car and i miss my cobras and stangs. so my qeustion is just to give me some honest answers with pros and cons about the 2!...and please dont just say evo becuz we have them lol im just looking for some good ole evom advice

thankssss dudes

dom
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

I wish I would have never read this thread. I would never drive a mustang till the day I die for numerous reasons.....BUT......I heard they were very fun cars. I would only get one to drift it. I know you can find them for that no expensive either. Whatever you choose, make sure its the one that puts a smile on your face more.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

It's about love man 4,6 or 8. Get what makes you happy.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im not a mustang fan by any means but 03-04 cobras are plain out rediculous! those cars are nasty no matter what kind of cars you like you got to repect that car i was torn between the same decision you have right now. i was looking for either an evo or 03 04 cobra. cobras were just a few thousand out of my price range so i got the evo...by no means did i settle with the evo i liked both cars equally. but if i did it again i prolly would save up that extra cash and get the cobra. you wont be dissappointed either way that cobra also respondes to mods very well...new pulley, intake, exhaust, and tune and youll be buying a set of tires a week haha
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
The 03 Cobra is an amazing car. Id trade my 03 EVO for one hands down. As stated get what makes you happy
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Well four banger awd vurse v8 rwd.....night and day comparisons imo.
As others have said it really comes down to what makes you happy.

You can have more power in the cobra for less money for sure....but if you take the time to build your evo you wont be dissapointed either.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

If the cobra will make you more happy at night (dont see how it would....) get it.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Do you like to turn and brake or go in a straight line? That is the fundamental difference. I would say visually inside and out the Evo is a more agressive and attractive car, but thats clearly biased. The Evo is nice in the winter with AWD and has four doors. American cars are beautiful for their sheer force but the Evo does so many things so well...

Do what makes you smile widest! I love my Evo and would never trade it for a Stang though! Good luck
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoDom
hey dudes. i no theres numerous threads on here about the desicion of getting a 2003 cobra vs. the evo. i currently have a 2006 evo9 special edition with your basic bolt ons and tune. but i came across a 2003 cobra and since i come from a mustang background i fell in love again. the evo is my fisrt 4 cyl car and i miss my cobras and stangs. so my qeustion is just to give me some honest answers with pros and cons about the 2!...and please dont just say evo becuz we have them lol im just looking for some good ole evom advice

thankssss dudes

dom
You have a mustang background and own an Evo. WTF do you want us to tell you that you shouldn't already know?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo will be more practical for you in the winter since your in Jersey. Plus the Cobra doesn't even come close to the handling of an Evo.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Smile No Comparison.

I hate to admit, but I am very biased and I am all out for the Evo. The Evo is much more athletic and energetic. It's quick on its feet all the time. A car should have emotions like no other car and the Evolution does it the best. Evo's shatter all aspects of performance and there is no other comparison...And I will never be regretful of getting the car I have the most connection towards.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:44 PM

Mustang is wack!!!! Evo will spank dat a$$ any day of the week. And in any condition, even in reverse!!!!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:48 PM

Evo for all fun and drivability.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for alll the responses guys!! rele helped me out......and as for u hotrod2448, i come from a mustang background but i was looking to see what others thought on the decision from going from the evo to an 03. or to see if anybody on here did it and didnt regret it. so keep your smartass comments to yourself and unless your going to help me like the other MATURE ppl that responed to me, then dont bother commenting. this forum is about help and friends.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

I would keep the evo since you have an 06 SE. I am biased, but IMO it is one of the all time best evo's made, right along with the VI TME.

Save some money and look for an 03 Cobra later down the road as it is a bad *** car with tons of power potential.

Quick Reply: need some advice on a little decsion!!!!