Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Roush vs. Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheoryVIII
I am a mustang hater for no reason other than i think they suck but i think for 27 k id have a supercharged s2000 if you don't want another evo. The only other car that can compete with the evo under 30,000 IMO is the s2000 supercharged lots of fun!!
Just IMO before you start flaming....i dont think that the S2000 even comes close to comparing except maybe for handling...and the fun factor. The EVO is hands down the most practical AWD easy to mod and overachiever of a car to date
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
s2k's not under 30g's

they are going for close to 35 all the way to 37

waste of money imo, for that money you could have an evo
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I bought my evo, I was in kind of the same situation. I wanted something fun, fast, and daily drivable. I test drove the following in the process...

Used Roush Mustang
Evo 8 GSR
VW R32
RSX
G35
SRT-4
05 STi

I know the rsx is nothing compared to the other cars listed, but I come from the Honda family, and the reason for the purchase of my new car was because I got hit in my supercharged RSX :-( Still miss it.

-Roush Mustang was nice, but I couldn't afford it, or the gas, and its a ford...
-Evo 8 handles like no car I've ever been in to this day
-R32 is the most expensive and underpowered car on the market IMHO
-RSX made me teary eyed
-G35 is a bit of a pig, but sounds sooo nice, and its very confortable... too coomfortable
-SRT-4 is the budget power car. I f-in hated this thing. Everything was soo cheap. The front windows were power and the rear were crank. seriously, wtf.
-05 STi was really nice, so nice i bought it

It seemed like the right choice, but 2 months later, I traded it in on an evo...

I hope this kind of helps. The evo is the best car you can buy if you're looking for a fast DD. It's easy to mod, very reliable, and you cant touch its handling with anything short of a $100+k car.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we have a red s2000 also lol...

its around 20 for 32,000 miles,

i like them... but "wheres the torque"? lol

cb
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:38 AM

Dont buy a Mustang, u will regret the handling big time.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

evoooooo
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

2 evos = boring.

Go for the stang. It's not a GT, so not a piece of crap
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fenriq007
wait 27k for the roush??? Brand New???
I believe so.....unless I read the sticker wrong... I will go look tonite!

I am a mustang hater for no reason other than i think they suck but i think for 27 k id have a supercharged s2000 if you don't want another evo. The only other car that can compete with the evo under 30,000 IMO is the s2000 supercharged lots of fun!!
I don't see a cheap s2000 around me lol.....Ill keep an eye out though

Originally Posted by CBRD
the evo 8 we have is SSL... its a very nice car...

stock made 192/201 and with our tune (completely stock) it made 250/258

cb
Wait a stock evo makes 192? or is that torque? even so stock evo makes 201? lol I feel like a honda now haha JK

Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_427r.shtml

No well in hell your getting it for 27K.

The 427R is a minimum of 16,000 over the price of the Mustang. That's just for parts. Your compairing a used 04 Evo to a New Roush 427R. Roushes top level based of the stage 3. I am guessing around $50,000 for a loaded 427R. No way your getting a turn key Roush for the price of a Mustang GT.

I hate mustangs, but come on guys.
yeah well maybe I looked at it wrong I will go look at it tonite!

Originally Posted by cfetter
Speed, feel free to stop in some time this week. I'd be happy to show you the Evo's that we have, but more importantly, see who we are and how we choose the Evo's that get our logo put on them.

Thanks!

Caleb

As far as what our clients have to say, you may want to check this out:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=cbrd
Yeah I want to, we are 40 minutes from you so its tough for us right now..... We have an Accord we need to rid of first.......how good are you guys with trades?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
we have a red s2000 also lol...

its around 20 for 32,000 miles,

i like them... but "wheres the torque"? lol

cb

LOL we already have a red car lol... any mods?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

ok ok i see it now...lol haha...they put a GT MSRP sticker in the window...so therefore i read it wrong....bummer...

ok cbrd you have my attention now haha
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy02gti
Dont buy a Mustang, u will regret the handling big time.
this would be true for pre 05 mustangs. i just came from a 07 gt. i did some basic bolt ons and alot of body work. in stock form the gts can handel preaty much what any normal driver can throw at it. i took it thru twisties with s turnes and never felt uneasy with her. they are also very predictible. the roush is a waste of money imo. you can get a used gt and mod it for cheaper to out perform and handel the roush. just remember. they have v-8s and are very thirsty. with a 15 gallon tank i was lucky to squeeze out 250 to tank.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:29 PM
Account Disabled

We do accept trades... and we spend a lot of time with education on trade values. There's no "manager in back"! LOL

Let me know when you're coming in. I do have a few appointments this week. I always try to make appts. so that you may have my undevided attention to help you.

I look forward to working with you.

Caleb
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds good, we did however just moved here, so it might take some time to get settled in.... I will ask for you specifically.....Im sure you remember me, Im the evo with the broken crankshaft angle sensor A.......I don't understand how we don't drive the car and it breaks LOL
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by urslo4n8
Just IMO before you start flaming....i dont think that the S2000 even comes close to comparing except maybe for handling...and the fun factor. The EVO is hands down the most practical AWD easy to mod and overachiever of a car to date
Hmm supercharged s2000 has comparable power and handling. Very fun to drive as well. If you owned one you would know. The AP1's are under 30k (as can only be bought used at this point) and they have a 9K redline, so **** low end torque. The V-tech system is actually a lot of fun. 350 hp is 350 hp. Experience it before you shut it out.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The V-tech system is actually a lot of fun. 350 hp is 350 hp. Experience it before you shut it out.
Not sure I agree with that, hitting 350 hp at redline then havign it dropping off right away isnt the same as hitting 350 hp at 4k and holding it till 8k

Not saying thats how the S2000 is as Iv never even driven one just giving an example that 350hp isnt 350 hp.

And I like someone on heres sig that says Vtec: All the lag non of the turbo, its liek waiting for bad sex.

The S2000 seems liek it could be fun but 2 door roadster or 4 door sedan that has same handlign and same power....Id take the sedan, as its more practicle.