Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Roush vs. Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mitsuboost30
ont waste your time with a mach 1..

if your getting a mustang get an 03 cobra.. hands down...

but dont just get another evo..

LOL Welp I will be doing some research on the evo first.....i will not buy just any evo lol I learned my lesson with the one we have now......I jumped into it with my eyes closed, BAD CHOICE!

SJ
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

what are the 03 04 cobras going for anyways?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
LOL Welp I will be doing some research on the evo first.....i will not buy just any evo lol I learned my lesson with the one we have now......I jumped into it with my eyes closed, BAD CHOICE!

SJ

research on used cars is always good
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you Master Chuck! Your Grasshopper will not dissapoint you this time HAHA
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andy hiralall
Need I say more Fix Or Repair Daily.. Found On [COLOR="red"]the Road Dead..

Don't listen to that guy "equipped to rip", An old wise man once said, "The horses are making him crazy!!!"
I always thought it was First On Race Day? I am a Mustang boy at heart...all I ever owned were 5.0's...they are fun to drive but you really can't compare a Mustang to an eVo...two different types of cars...used for two different types of things...To say one is better then the other is just stupid...its about what you like...I am fortunate to have both a Mustang and an eVo...Allthough I am selling my 5.0 notch since I don't have the time for upkeep...all it does is sit in the garage...but its fun as hell to know I can bust out 11 sec. and still get 17MPG in a 16 year old car...yet nothing handles like the eVo...I love that grocery getter!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You wanted to know the difference between the Mach 1 and the 03-04 Cobras...well basically the Mach 1 has a 96 Cobra Motor wich is around 305 HP...its the same motor basically as the 03-04 Cobras minus the supercharger...Mach 1's are Cobras without the SVT bagde more or less...or a supped up GT...NOW the 03-04...hands down one of the best performing cars if you are looking for straight line power...with mods to the suspension it does quite well on track days too...those are rated stock at 390HP but they dyno 370 to the wheels...So basically...they are under-rated...with simple mods you can reach well over 500hp to the rear wheels...plus they have a good resale value and look mean as hell...I wouldn't get another eVo if I were you...why? try out the Mustang...I hate when some of you are too brand loyal especially to a car or a brand...I like all types of cars...some of you need to grow up...

and to Warrtalon...the guy in the GT500 obviously can't drive for s*it...you should know better though from your track experience...and why would you call a Mustang weak? Have you ran into one that surprised you? Would you want to? all it takes is heads, cam, intake in a foxbody 5.0 and if you can drive you'll hit 11's...assuming you hook...as that is the hardest thing to do in those cars...but what can you expect from an at least 15+ year technology...
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

ok searching has been placed on hold for the time being....I was looking for a 98-99 GSX....welp I found a 97 lol red basically stock good condition(needs a little love). It has an injen intake and HKS VTA bov....the hks BOV I will be removing. He is asking basically nothing for it, so I am going to come up with a plan. I drove in it and it was ok, starts kinda rough, and Im sure there is couple other things needed on it.......BUSCHUR!!!!! HERE I COME WAHOOOOO!! I am sooo stoked I can't wait...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 08:09 AM
bso

Mustangs can be fun to drive if majority of the suspension is removed for better parts. The unibody design is the weakest link for a Mustang, but there some good after market manufactures making parts for the car which will change the whole character of the vehicle.