Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So my dad decided to borrow the Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my dad loves drivin my evo. i think he beats on it more than i do haha.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by P_ham
I wish i still have my dad
Sorry to here that, Same here but, my Mother. Sucks!

My Dad's too old to ride in my car. He's more of a 50mph in a 70mph zone type of guy now.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

My dad has a 2g Eclipse GSX with a Buschur stage 3, 6 bolt short block. So he has much appreciation for my Evo

My mom on the other hand thinks it looks nice, but wants nothing to do with being in the car. I drove my parents out to dinner once, but since she was in the car, I'm not sure if the boost gauge eve even swept past "0"
Old Jul 9, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dad drives so slow I get uncomfortable when I ride with him.

My mom is scared of the Evo after I took her for one ride.

My car is all me.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Grats on the new baby, Lexat. adding another to the neighborhood, eh?!

The first time my pops borrowed my car he had such a big grin on his face and he didn't stop telling me about how fast he took turns. I always shift real nice and easy when I'm with my dad because hes so critical sometimes, but hes always like, "Stop baby shifting the car, rev her past 4k".
He said he'd like an evo but hes a Nissan kinda guy. He might be moving for a job and he will get paid over double what he makes which he said would eventually land a GTR into his garage if he takes the new job.

Oh my mom also loves my car, she thinks its beautiful and she drove it to work once and almost got pulled over. I laughed so hard.

Reminds me of yesterday when I showed my friend who owns a modded WRX the standing rev limiter (launch control). He got so excited about selling his wrx, getting an evo.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I wish my dad were as cool... He is an old school Detroit guy, wont even touch my car.... Not that I let anyone else drive it tho anyways
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:12 PM
Account Disabled

I should let my dad drive the evo sometime, it's only fair since he lets me drive his vipers. I bet he'd hate the lack of power from 0-4000 since his cars make 500tq down there easily.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

My Dad is in poor health and he never liked the idea of spending money to mod cars. He believes a car is a car. If it can take you from point A to point B then it has more than served its purpose.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:15 PM
Account Disabled

^^ I have some friends that think that way...sure would be cheaper is my mind was wired that way but it isn't.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
^^ I have some friends that think that way...sure would be cheaper is my mind was wired that way but it isn't.
Same here
Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

My dad drove my evo and he ended up buynig and sti, only because of looks. He is in his 60's. Its contagious and you can't beat it for the money and it doesn't matter age
Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dad drove my car and got on it around a corner. He asked about the whistle sound (BOV) I had to explain.

He used to have a Fiat Spider and a few sporty cars back when I was young. He def said the Evo was a beast.

Kinda cool him driving my car. I wish it would have had the TBE when he drove it though....
Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

I wish my dad would drive my car or atleast like my car. I took him for a test drive and he went back in to the seat and he told me to slow the F**K down. He has never been in my car since that day. My mom won't touch the car and she loves manual cars and not automatic.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 03:03 PM

my mom hates my car after i gave her a ride. her exact words were: "don't do that again, i'll throw up!" not a fan of the boost...hahahahaha...my dad the other hand...i really don't know what he thinks...he just looks at me and shakes his head side to side...LOL

"My Dad is in poor health and he never liked the idea of spending money to mod cars. He believes a car is a car. If it can take you from point A to point B then it has more than served its purpose."

why have a car that only takes you from point A to point B when you can have a car that will take you from point A to point C in the same amount of time???

Last edited by sti killr; Jul 9, 2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

This Is Too Funny About Parents. There The Ones To Tell You To Relax And Tell You To Drive Careful....lol Great Role Models They Are.

Quick Reply: So my dad decided to borrow the Evo