Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GF's and Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My girl is scared to death of my car. And its not all that fast in "Evo world."

She's so scared that she wanted to drive the Uhaul alone, towing my Jeep accross the country (3200 mi), instead of my car. I followed her, and hated it, sooo uncomfortable. Afterwards, I thought it was better the way we did it, though. There's no way she wouldve lasted that long with these seats and no cruise control. Heck, even Im just now started to not get cramped up the minute I sit in it, 2 months later.

Before the trip I let her drive it to work a couple times (we worked together). She only made it once, 1 way. All the other times ended with her stalling it at a stop sign, with numerous people behind us, then us switching and me driving. She moved it around the driveway since then, and can actually move it without stalling it now. She's never seen boost in it though. I think that is what she's scared of. She thinks its just going to take off out of control.

She does want something fast though. One day..but she cant be faster than me...hahahha
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
gf isn't interested in driving the evo because she doesn't have a license yet.
Evolved Member

my gf didn't know how to drive stick, but she said she was too scared to drive my evo anyway...but she did giggle like a little kid when I went WOT.

Now that I have a slower AT bmw, now she wants to drive it all the time....she never offered to be the DD this much before....
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

I had to lend my girl at the time my evo so she could get to work since I commuted. She was afraid to drive it since she knew how much I baby the evo, but she took care of it perfectly without a scratch and looked very hott while driving it lol
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

when it had the stock clutch i was teaching her in a parking lot how to drive.
Surprisingly she did pretty good. She was fine getting it going in 1st but for some reason too scared to shift...she did shift a couple times and wasn't that bad. she kept saying she was scared she's gonna break something lol
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:29 AM

My wife drives my evo and she is really good. She comes from the old domestic mindset (loves huge displacement engines), but loves my car. She even wants to compete in scca (AutoX) with me.
Gotta get her a helmet.

Last edited by SaTa; Jul 11, 2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
^ That is retarded, I would NEVER let my chick drive mine, the only girl I would let drive my car is my mom
I wouldn't even let my mom drive it. If ur girl is crazy, i wouldnt let her even touch that.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

My girlfriend wants me to teach her how to drive stick in my EVO. I'm a little nervous about doing that though because I don't exactly have the money to replace the clutch (or any other tranny parts that might break) right now!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my girl sat in my car and complained how hard the clutch pedal is...
id never let here drive it tho

her bro thinks he can out drive me, but yet has never driven a manual before.... kinda weird how that works
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

where do you guys that have gf's that like to drive and race at? i want to find one
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Draven83
where do you guys that have gf's that like to drive and race at? i want to find one
lol, yes! Evo girls are hot!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I once let my ex try and drive my car. It was in a closed DMV parking lot, within 10seconds she was headed for the building and instead of the brake she smashed the gas..If I hadn't jumped over and ripped it outta gear and took her hands off the wheel she would have hit it..lol

I now let NO ONE drive my car.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

I taught my gf how to drive stick on the evo... ha...ha, she wants to drive it every chance she gets, and wnats to go racing... my stock clutch is kinda going anyways so it wasn't that big of a deal, i mean she's stalled it quite a few times but I'm not too worried, its a car, its well built, and if something breaks i'll just fix it. Cars are replaceable, the hilarious moments of watching your gf drive your car is not.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

First I need a gf haha. But my friend wants me to teach her. I tell her no not on my Evo. It would be hot though...
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If she lets you bang her face afterwards, let her drive it.

Quick Reply: GF's and Evos