Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GF's and Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven83
where do you guys that have gf's that like to drive and race at? i want to find one
Mine had no interest in cars whatsoever until she met me. Now we watch Top Gear together, go to autox events, and yap about cars pretty much all the time. Hell, we're even talking about opening our own performance shop someday!

I remember an article I read in Modified Mag...a guy said he didn't want his girlfriend getting interested in cars because that was "his thing." I also remember a show on the Discovery Channel that pitted a street racer against a track-going gal...and the gal's husband warned her that her interest in cars could hurt their relationship. Why? Cus it hurt his ego apparently.

To both those guys I want to send a big wake up call--you have a girl that will not only tolerate your car addiction, but support it as well. This is a Good Thing.

Last edited by rane; Jul 11, 2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by selp
Ive had bad experiences before. what worries me is the part where she wants to be racing and launching it. i am asking for advice on how you guys worked it out.
Like everything in life, give depending on what you get in return .
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^x2 to rane's post

Every part I buy for the Evo costs me twice as much. 200 on the car, 200 for the g/f to go buy something so I dont have to hear about it. If she had her own, it'd be a different story.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

wow, some of you people have some trust issues with your women folk.

naturally, I wouldn't let ANYONE who didn't know stick learn on MY car (Evo or not)... but my girl drove mine about 3 hours after I bought it.

as far as the racing and launching goes.... no one is beating on my car any harder than I am, so I would let her have at it if she wanted to (she hasn't wanted to so far... but I've only had the car for 3 days)
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by biggie5252
If she lets you bang her face afterwards, let her drive it.
afterwards.... or during?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

My gf hates my "toaster" as she calls it...haha but i had her drive it a couple times shes a little nervous with the exedy twin disc tho...soon enough i will have her at the track haha...shhh...shes also watching me type this!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought her a proper woman's car . Jeremy (Top Gear) calls it a boy's car, but it works well for women too.

White STI with Gold wheels and hot pink trim.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Jul 11, 2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:23 PM
Account Disabled

I love my car more than my girlfriend

She bought a SRT 4 with big turbo, hahn port fueler boostin around 24psi and holding at around 20. I figured she was going to get into cars after this and now she wants to sell it because she doesn't like it anymore, now she wants a jeep.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

I tried to teach mine how to drive it and she just couldn't do it. After 4 stalls she gave up. She was very nervous the whole time though because she thought I was going to get mad at her. If I was gonna get mad at you for learning on my car, I wouldn't be letting you learn on my car!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:38 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have that problem at all, my girlfriend has an evo.
"Performance without the Price Tag"
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I tried to teach mine how to drive it and she just couldn't do it. After 4 stalls she gave up. She was very nervous the whole time though because she thought I was going to get mad at her. If I was gonna get mad at you for learning on my car, I wouldn't be letting you learn on my car!
hahaa same thing here, except she eventually got it. But she still gets nervous as hell everytime. somedays she just can't pull the car out at all. But its fun nontheless.

I'd much rather have the time to do something with my gf that we can look back on and talk about than to be too uptight about my car and not having those memories at all.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

i tried to teach my gf how to drive a stick one time and she didnt do too well at all. she was so scared shed break something. she said she hated every minute of it. i wish i could see her drive the shyt out of it.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

More gf stories haha.

Edit-- I dont plan on letting anyone drive my car besides my dad.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:03 PM

Hahahaha.... my bf (Tallen) has an EVO and so do I. We got to DCEVO meets together

He lets me drive his and vice versa... but I don't think either of us has let anyone else drive our EVOs....

But I have been driving stick for 11 years so um... yeah good luck teaching a girl on an evo haha.... or teaching a girl to like cars that wasn't dreaming of her sports car at age 14
Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

I let my gf drive my evo and she started freaking out when she would get into boost saying "why is it starting to go by itself?!" and then once she got past that she would bog it and mash the gas to make the bov make noise...

Quick Reply: GF's and Evos