Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GF's and Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
My GF loves to drive the EVO, she has only driven it twice but she always has a grin ear to ear. She is a noob to driving a manual and just bearly gets into boost.

I did allow her to drive my GTi a few times before the Evo, she loves to "make the turbo go off" as she puts it. My GTi is much faster than my stock evo.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Ok how about this why dont both of you go to a racing class/school for half of day they will teach you how to do almost anything. And it dont cost that much either. Trust me once you learn how to drive on a track it transfers over to everyday driving your level of awareness on the road increases. Plus you learn whats possible and isnt possible. Im going to save up so i can do a whole weekend worth of training.

^ Video of my wife in our IX.

edit link: http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=36033178
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ how come your only running 12psi???
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

taught 1 gf to drive stick on my evo, she was scared mostly because her x scared her about the boost lol but after a few hours, she got it.

last gf i let drive cause "she's into cars" and "wants a super fast car" and thinks she can drive anything lol. her x (suprisingly....same guy as before....long story) has a GC8 jdm sti swap with some tiny turbo and she thought it wsa just the fastest thing in the world. funny part is she thought mine was slower but when boost really started to hit she'd let off. my car was much slower then lol now....there are 2 people i would let drive my car anytime they like. one of my best buddies who is also a suby nut but helps me wrench and understands turbo cars, and my bro. wwait...does my tuner count? lol
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

all i know is that my gf broke up with me because of my evo
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:25 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I've been with my gf for 4 years and I know she is a decent driver... but even SHE KNOWS the evo is too much for her. When I let her drive my modded ralliart she had problems controlling the power. Evos get away from you easy if you don't know what you're doing... and I love my car too much for something to happen to it. I'm just glad my girl knows it's too much car for her.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpunEvoIX

you're better off! when you buy something for your evo, you aint gotta pressure it for a "return" lol and when you wanna ride...the evo never says i have a headache/no/i'm on the rag/i just wanna cuddle
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am currently teaching my GF how to drive stick on the EVO. She has previously driven a manual car but is afraid of getting the EVO from N to 1st gear.

She has been getting better and she gave it a little boost the other day when we were driving around. After she experienced the boost now she wants a black evo 9.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpunEvoIX

thats awsome

Me or the EVO, I would be like screw you , I love you baby(EVO)
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoPirate
you're better off! when you buy something for your evo, you aint gotta pressure it for a "return" lol and when you wanna ride...the evo never says i have a headache/no/i'm on the rag/i just wanna cuddle
Thats right
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine is absolutely terrified of my car.
She rode in it when i test drove the car at the dealer and freaked out when I hit boost.

After I got the Green, she rode in it, hit boost, freaked out again, even more..
When I say freaked out, I mean "FREAKED OUT" crying, etc, it was bad..

Now she refuses to even ride in it..
Good thing i have the jeep, or maybe not ,lol..
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

my ex girl drove my old one once. she didnt even want to get in the boost what so ever.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

my girlfriend can barely drive stick, so she wouldn't even think about driving it.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

LAST SUMMER I WAS IN BROOKLYN AND PULLED UP TO THIS GIRL DRIVEN A EVO MINED YOU I WAS IN MY CIVIC AND COULDNT CATCH TRACTION FOR **** THAT WHEN I KNEW I HAD TO GET A EVO QUICK FAST LOL SHE WAS GIVING ME THE BUSSINESS ON THE START BUT ONCE I GOT TRACTION IT WAS A EVEN RUN I WAS ONLY BOSSTING 15PSI IN MY CIVIC CAUSE I WAS ON THE STREET
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by evoPirate
... or we did that position last night/headaches aren't cured by sex/my ex didn't do it that way/

Quick Reply: GF's and Evos