Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GF's and Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started driving stick at age 15 (VA allowed you to drive the day you turned 15 with a parent in the car back then)... My Evo is my 4th sports car since age 15 and my 6th car that's a stick.

I really hate when "men" believe "women" can't drive a stick shift... I know plenty of guys that can't drive stick. Or for that matter... "men" say X is not for women blah blah blah...

GRRRRRRR

But regardless, I don't let anyone but my boyfriend drive my Evo.... maybe the thread should be titled who would you trust to drive your car... and as said before, if you don't trust your girl to drive your car maybe you don't trust her to begin with (assuming she can drive stick bc the only thing I'd ever teach someone to drive stick on was some POS that is dying anyhow no way a good car)
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
^ how come your only running 12psi???
Car had a boost leak and wasnt fully tuned yet, so quick fix was to rig it for WG pressure.

here is car this past weekend at 20psi different track, same girl driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEe_7n99qoc
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tnt1106
Car had a boost leak and wasnt fully tuned yet, so quick fix was to rig it for WG pressure.

Nice...music fits good too
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:42 PM

I let a girl drive my car once, she wasnt my girlfriend tho. This girl loved evos and mine was the first one she drove. So once I saw she was comfortable I let her take it to 130 on a straightaway. The girl could definately drive and my car had an exedy twin disk at the time. But other than that I have never really let a girl drive any of my cars. Its not that i think girls cant drive stick but most the girls I know cant handle a ford focus let alone a car with over 300whp. I dont even trust my mom behind the wheel of my jeep srt-8. lol
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by selp
Ok. So my girlfriend has been getting a little excited about driving the car, but she just doesn't want to drive it, she wants to gun it and have fun.
How many of you guys have had this experience and didn't have a problem? or addiction?
your not the only one, i just smile and laugh and say "whats wrong with your car?"
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:50 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by evoamy
I started driving stick at age 15 (VA allowed you to drive the day you turned 15 with a parent in the car back then)... My Evo is my 4th sports car since age 15 and my 6th car that's a stick.

I really hate when "men" believe "women" can't drive a stick shift... I know plenty of guys that can't drive stick. Or for that matter... "men" say X is not for women blah blah blah...

GRRRRRRR

But regardless, I don't let anyone but my boyfriend drive my Evo.... maybe the thread should be titled who would you trust to drive your car... and as said before, if you don't trust your girl to drive your car maybe you don't trust her to begin with (assuming she can drive stick bc the only thing I'd ever teach someone to drive stick on was some POS that is dying anyhow no way a good car)
I would start jerking off if I saw a girl driving an evo.. lol

Last edited by Jp7; Jul 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jp7
oh dear....thats...interesting...and too much information...

So many girls, hell just people in general too, ask me to drive my car, especially my bestfriend's ex girlfriend.

No way in hell.

I've only let my one friend whos been racing bikes and since he was like 12 and cars since he was 16 drive my car.

Other than him, my moms and pops, bro, my sister tried but she grinded 3'rd gear and i made her get the hell out of my seat. My bro drives my car too hard, so I don't let him drive much. My dad prefers to drive his maxima even though he loves my car. I always try and get him to drive it. I've only let the moms drive it like once, she is good at driving stick though so I trust her, she used to have a bunch of stick cars before. My pops is a beast at driving though, I can shift better than him but he drives with perfection.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 01:42 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jp7
You must be a real hit with the ladies!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
I tried teaching my wife on my 550 HP Evo. The Exedy Twin Disc is what was holding her back

Her:"it's so hard"
me: yea they all kinda say that first
her: shut up that's not what I was talking about, I mean the clutch
me: ok let it out slowly and give it gas with the right foot
me: clutch..jesus. clutch, clutch ahhh hhh God damn woman clutch
lol, ROFL
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:06 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
You must be a real hit with the ladies!
dude i never score
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Hey man ive been with my girlfriend for 4 goin on 5 years.. She hasnt 1ce drove my evo. Its not that I wouldnt let her she cant drive a manual and she damn sure aint learning on my evo... If i did let her i would not let here launch it etc...

PS: If you guys leave each other LOL no biggy you drive a evo.....
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so how many guys who posted in here actually have girl friends?

EDIT: Or an Evo for that matter?
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by compscibOi
Ok so how many guys who posted in here actually have girl friends?

EDIT: Or an Evo for that matter?
Im getting married in September and my fiance and I have been going out for about 5 yrs and known each other for about 7 yrs! ive had my evo for almost two yrs and she hasnt driven my evo! She has only driven it out of the car wash stall!!! I know she wants to drive it but at the same time she always says she doesnt want to damage it or be the one driving it when some dumb a** decides to damage it! I trust her to drive it but she doesnt want to!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tunit
Don't listen to the sexist...

I'll put money that there are girls out there that can drive better than him
I'll match you on that one.

Originally Posted by VtexGt3
kicking in the teeth, I like the idea. He's probably just kidding, or a redneck
Kidding or not, its not called for. And the kicking in the teeth.. it works well

Originally Posted by evoamy

GRRRRRRR

Dont listen to the guys that say you cant handle a evo. Tell them to f off, and two step in their face

Originally Posted by tnt1106

One, the second song goes really well lol, two, she is a good driver, three, where is that awesome track at?, four, why does the passenger keep pointing?
Old Jul 14, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

i let my girl drive my car once... she wasn't that bad...

Quick Reply: GF's and Evos