Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GF's and Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife grew up in an area with public transportation so she never owned a car. She re-learned to drive stick in my 300zxTT with over 450 rwhp. She likes the feel of a nice 2nd or 3rd gear pull @ 31psi and on methanol.
I have let (read; -made- ) her drive it about 10 times, she's always worried about scratching it or gettin in some sort of accident.
But besides forgetting to put it in neutral and stalling it in our driveway once or twice, it was all gravy.

Remember, it's just a car people. I think a serious relationship is worth a little more than a car.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
I'll match you on that one.

Kidding or not, its not called for. And the kicking in the teeth.. it works well

Dont listen to the guys that say you cant handle a evo. Tell them to f off, and two step in their face

One, the second song goes really well lol, two, she is a good driver, three, where is that awesome track at?, four, why does the passenger keep pointing?
one: thanks she likes girly songs.

two: she is a good driver great instructor!

three: Motorsports ranch located cresson, tx (near ft worth)

four: that is her instructor pointing

five: im her instructor
Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:04 PM

Good topic for sure... I drive my car everyday, constantly. & my boyfriend still shut me down on driving his TSI. So, I fixed his car for him while he was at work one night and drove it to his house and surprised him and that's how I got my first ride in. He was very impressed to say the least
Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I let mine take my RS on a 1000 mile round trip with her friend... car came back in perfect condition... Now Im allowed any mod any time!

It just boils down to trust, Just start by being there with her every time until she proves herself. Its funny to see mustangs loose to a girl in the Evo! lol

Last edited by Vivid Racing; Jul 14, 2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tnt1106
one: thanks she likes girly songs.

two: she is a good driver great instructor!

three: Motorsports ranch located cresson, tx (near ft worth)

four: that is her instructor pointing

five: im her instructor
Hahahahaha, man you made me crack up!

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
I let mine take my RS on a 1000 mile round trip with her friend... car came back in perfect condition... Now Im allowed any mod any time!

It just boils down to trust, Just start by being there with her every time until she proves herself. Its funny to see mustangs loose to a girl in the Evo! lol
That is some trust man!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by compscibOi
Ok so how many guys who posted in here actually have girl friends?

EDIT: Or an Evo for that matter?
My girlfriend is my right hand so it works out well with letting her drive. Na, 1 wife, 1 kid, 1 Evo
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

All 3 of my exs had driven my Evo. All were terrified of breaking it. Only the first one and the last one got to drive it out of a parking lot. And the latest one was the only one to drive it more than once or twice... But she was TERRIFIED of boost. So it was pretty much just her driving a 100 hp 4 banger.

I taught 4 girls to drive stick in the Evo. 1 more, my sister, and another friend in the family Audi TT.

Only my latest ex got to drive the Porsche, and that was after two years, and that was still only a little bit in a parking lot. I keep the keys to that with me wherever I go. My mom has driven it 3 times, each was just quickly to and from somewhere. And my dad has driven it once. It would take A LOT to get me to let anyone drive the Porsche, its my baby. The Evo was just my beat on track beast.

PS: The gay comment = stupid. Some of the best people I've known have been/are gay. More than half of them you wouldn't even know were gay (no decorations in their car or whatever)
PPS: The girl stereotype was also stupid... I haven't known many girls who can drive well, but that isn't to say there aren't some (and I know one in particular that races a track prepped 3 series) or that they aren't teachable My latest ex still knows: "slow in, fast out"
Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

I was going to justify myself but if your too much of an idiot to realize i was picking Its not worth it. Just to clarify calling someone gay is inappropriate. Not all gay/lesbian's are clean or interior decorators.

end of that discussion. does not need to be repeated.

Back to main topic.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:41 AM

i wish my gf even liked my car
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

I know some women that love my Evo. Absolutely love it. I'm not going to let any of them drive it though lol.

And then there are a couple that think it's ridiculous and have zero interest in it in the least. The biggest offense: the wing.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by srcevo8
And then there are a couple that think it's ridiculous and have zero interest in it in the least. The biggest offense: the wing.
why do people always hate on the wing. I'm wingless now, and have gotten a ton of compliments, but I really want a wing
Old Jul 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by derekste
why do people always hate on the wing. I'm wingless now, and have gotten a ton of compliments, but I really want a wing
CF Trunk lip from rexpeed.net <3
Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:37 PM

I <3 big wings Hate the sleeper look!!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derekste
Come on now, if you like the wing put on the wing. It's your car, you should do what you think looks best!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:16 PM

i let mine drive it sometimes but i wanna have allll the fun =)

Quick Reply: GF's and Evos