Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu dealers are hilarious

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i didnt get to test drive my frist evo when i went in with the check i got to drive it
Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:01 PM

I remember when the New Honda SI coupe came out. I was looking at them and wanted to test drive one. They told me I couldn't because it had too much power. We laughed and left. I ended up buying my evo the next day. I won't buy a car if I cant test drive it.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just so you guys know, when the cars come off the truck, one of the techs at that dealership drives the car. its part of the pre-delivery inspection that is REQUIRED to be done before they can sell the car

so no matter what your never the first one to drive the car...

and if you really wanted the car, not to just drive it and waste their time, you could of told them you wanted the car, but need to drive it first. they will most likely run your credit and make sure you can buy it and then if everything checked out, they would of let you drive it
Old Jul 19, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

What's with everyone being adamant about having no miles on a sub-$40,000 car? Everyone acts like the evo is some big deal, it's just a medium-priced car. Most test drives the car doesn't get flogged. I test drove one carefully (not the car I ended up buying) before buying my 8, which incidentally had several hundred miles on it by the time I got it.
It should be worth it for the dealer to set aside one car for test drives, then sell it for a few thousand less once the car is no loger brand new. They would make up for it in new cars sold from the test drive. There is a reason the local dealer has not sold a single of their x's.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
just so you guys know, when the cars come off the truck, one of the techs at that dealership drives the car. its part of the pre-delivery inspection that is REQUIRED to be done before they can sell the car

and if you really wanted the car, not to just drive it and waste their time, you could of told them you wanted the car, but need to drive it first. they will most likely run your credit and make sure you can buy it and then if everything checked out, they would of let you drive it
over here in washington state by the docks we can see the new evos and STi's come off the docks and watch the techs rape them as they fly by us. i dont think any of the evos of STi's in the NW wernt beaten on before they were sold.

The other thing the dealers like to do here is if they are changing your oil they will bring this pad out and show you how "dirty" your oil is and ask you if you want them to flush the system for you...it was almost as good as the time when i got my evo and they asked me if they wanted me to install the flamethrower kit.

but back to the topic. i got to drive mine. just rolled up and told the salesman that it was between this and a STi....the rest is history
Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:56 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
The buyer can specify for the car not to be driven without him being present. The "required" drive isn't mandatory, if the buyer says that it's not. Ask me how I know.

The car is driven on its arrival, it's driven onto the truck, off the truck. None of these factors can be avoided. What can be avoided, however, is the situation described above, and more.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

i didnt even test drive my car when i bought it
it was sitting in the showroom, walked in, picked it out, filled out all paperwork and i was on my way. didnt even put any sort of downpayment on her either

i wouldnt be worried about test drives. people act like they are never gonna rev it out to 7000rpm.....
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

theyre prices for services are rediculous too.i called just to see how much a compression test would be....$257

$9.43 later,i know where im leaking boost at =P
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

Alison mistu quoted my friend for a brand new EVO X MR for 49,999
an EVO IX MR with 56,000 miles for 31,000
and an EVO 8 with 37000 miles for 34,000

lmao with the evo 8 the sales guy was trying to clam it was "mitsu racing" haha
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jayythegreat
Alison mistu quoted my friend for a brand new EVO X MR for 49,999
wow...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Hahhahahaaha aren't all salesman?????????
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:55 PM

I can't stand most car salemen. You would think that they would know something about what they are trying to sell. Every car I ever bought I always knew much more than the sales person.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 09:46 PM
BGR
Evolving Member

^^^so, so true...I was telling my salesman inside out the Evo's specs, features and what not - dude was just clueless. I would think Mitsu will at least give sales some sort of literature to read prior to rolling off the cars for sale...