Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu dealers are hilarious

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsu dealers are hilarious

40K car amongst a sea of 15-20K cars.

I am being courted by a local dealer for an MR. I am super excited about it (but also looking at an E90 M3 sedan). They finally get one in stock, but won't let me drive it because it's too special. That may work with generation Z'ers.....

Annoying...great car, but the dealers in Austin are idiots.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

lol..
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

yup.... imagine how toyota felt for so long with the supra... they were so embarrassed they just took it away from america.

alright well not really, but you get the point.

i'm sure they'll let you drive an MR once they have 15 of them sitting on the lot collecting dust...
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

They wont let you drive it at all, same with the STI's cause most SERIOUS buyers want one with ZERO miles cause you know damn well you'd mash on that ish hard as hell on the test drive and so will everyone else!

so the question is, would you buy a 40k car that its first 100miles on it being raped by morons and kids who like to jerk around the salesman just to drive a car? i know everytime i buy a new car that bish better have zero miles or I'm leaving, ok maybe not zero but less than 5 miles for sure!
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's pretty normal for Evos - I sure as hell don't want a new Evo that has been test driven by ANYONE. My 05 MR came off the truck at night in October of 04. I picked up the next morning - arrived at 8am sharp, and it had 4 miles on it (required before sale, but no test drives).

Interestingly, when having some minor warranty work done on Friday to my Evo, I got to test drive the only X MR on the lot at the local dealer. I actually liked it but was only interested in how the auto trans worked. I found the Sport mode auto to be slower than my own shifting, but the paddle shifting was supreme - at least the way I drove it.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I was buying my SE the delaer let me thrash a brand new IX MR with 6 miles on it just because I asked, they really wanted to sell one that day. I told the salesman would you marry a woman without trying it out first?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline-Z
I told the salesman would you marry a woman without trying it out first?
What is that suppose to mean... seriously?

I understand the dealership's concern, and certainly a potiental buyer who doesn't want to see 100miles put on their brand new car. But an "adult" who is serious about purchasing a MR who is also serious about purchasing a E90, you could buy an MR and a GSR for that price. I would let you test drive it

I always thought it was silly not letting potiental buyers test drive a vehicle before they buy it, I mean what if you hate how it drives? The "test buy" was always a load of crap. If you are going to BUY the vehicle anyways, what is seriously the difference if you drove it before you signed the papers or after, very little in my opinion on a legit vehicle.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:26 AM

Cluess too. I guess you need a pre approval, serious, and not just turned 18...
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you pull up in a M3, I think they shouldn't be hesitant to let you test drive a Evo.

Thats just me.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tunit
If you pull up in a M3, I think they shouldn't be hesitant to let you test drive a Evo.

Thats just me.
More "I'm better than you because my car cost more than yours" thinking.

I pulled up in a seven year old purple Cavalier and the sales manager had no problems letting me take an 05 Evo for a test drive when I bought mine in 05. I was pre-approved by my bank but they didn't know that at the time.

Josh
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:16 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jacy
40K car amongst a sea of 15-20K cars.

I am being courted by a local dealer for an MR. I am super excited about it (but also looking at an E90 M3 sedan). They finally get one in stock, but won't let me drive it because it's too special. That may work with generation Z'ers.....

Annoying...great car, but the dealers in Austin are idiots.
As mentioned, this is common practice with Evos, because buyers do not want cars with more miles than necessary. Typically, dealers don't have an issue with a costumer driving the (actual) car that he's interested in buying. When I was buying my first Evo, I test drove the car after the dealer understood that my intentions were very serious and that I wanted that exact car. When I bought my second Evo from the same dealer, I was called when the car arrived and I was welcome to drive it for as long as I wanted. Test drives for the sake of test drives aren't common. This isn't a Civic.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Plus most people dont really know how to shift in an evo, and some fool off the street might redline in 2nd gear try to shift to third and FU CK hes in 1st!... bye bye engine.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:06 PM
bso

How about not letting the car idle after raping it in the middle of a hot summer day. Most people will just walk away if they are not interested.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

um, about half if not more than that of mitsu's line up is in the 25-35k range.

Funny they wont let you test drive it, if you are a serious buyer, they should. Shame on them for not letting you.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:08 PM
bso

While back I sold a 03 Evo with super low miles that was listed in the local paper only for less than a week. I drove the car for the test drive and scared the h@#$ out of the person with the car. Funny, I had the payment in full with no negations next morning for my vehicle.