Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Debating on next mod.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Debating on next mod.

ok so heres what iv been continplating
i have a 2006 evo ix mr.
my birthday is coming up and im going to be falling into a large amount of money because of that and my graduation from highschool. yes im young. however im debating on what to do next to my car.

i really want to do the FMIC LICP and UICP. then again i also really want to do cams.

i was thinking i can save my self money by doing the Ic and piping first because they do not really require a tune and i could always juts eflash them for now. however. if i get the cams i would need them put in and tuned by Ivey wich could cost me a preety penny and then i would have to get the IC tuned again down the road.

so my question is should i do the intercooler first and wait for the cams. or should i just go for the power for now and go with the cams. im preety sure after installation of the cams theyll both be around the same price seeing that i can do the intercooler my self.

and also does anyone no what UICP works with the stock battery. and who also recomends just going with a smaller battery. iv seen a combo sold on the forum before for the AMS FMIC UCIP LICP and minibattery for 1200 and would love to fall into that sometime again.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Search Mod.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Dude... Intercooler first man, cams can wait.... Cams are like the last thing you do to perfectly align your power curve
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

cams. stock intercooler is more than enough for stock turbo. how much boost u running, wat other mods do u currently have...
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

is your car stock now? if it is i wouldnt be thinking about either of thoose.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rickay726
ok so heres what iv been continplating
i have a 2006 evo ix mr.
my birthday is coming up and im going to be falling into a large amount of money because of that and my graduation from highschool. yes im young. however im debating on what to do next to my car.

i really want to do the FMIC LICP and UICP. then again i also really want to do cams.

i was thinking i can save my self money by doing the Ic and piping first because they do not really require a tune and i could always juts eflash them for now. however. if i get the cams i would need them put in and tuned by Ivey wich could cost me a preety penny and then i would have to get the IC tuned again down the road.

so my question is should i do the intercooler first and wait for the cams. or should i just go for the power for now and go with the cams. im preety sure after installation of the cams theyll both be around the same price seeing that i can do the intercooler my self.

and also does anyone no what UICP works with the stock battery. and who also recomends just going with a smaller battery. iv seen a combo sold on the forum before for the AMS FMIC UCIP LICP and minibattery for 1200 and would love to fall into that sometime again.
First off, for the FMIC, go with ETS, you will not regret it. I would probably go for the cams (S2's) first, then get a FM down the road.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

he needs to list his current mods. if the car is stock u need an exhaust, 1st things first.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

hahah sorry, no my car is not stock
mods are as follows

Hks carbon ti catback
hks downpipe
hks rs intake
hallman MBC
walboro 255

thats just about it for power mods.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

hence the name of the thread debating on NEXT mod haha
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

You should listen to what I said

Also, how do you like the HKS RS?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see that you have a tune. Cams don't really make that much power for the money. If you aren't tuned yet that should definitely be your next mods. I would also do an intercooler.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
I don't see that you have a tune. Cams don't really make that much power for the money. If you aren't tuned yet that should definitely be your next mods. I would also do an intercooler.
Well, cams usally make any where from 10-40whp. ~$600 for that much horse power.. thats a lot of hp for that amount of money.

Last edited by importjake00; Jul 15, 2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

If you haven't had a tune yet that would be your best option right now IMO. I would just get a tune now and then save up to do the fmic and cams all at once. With your mods the tune will make a big difference...moreso than the other options.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by srcevo8
If you haven't had a tune yet that would be your best option right now IMO. I would just get a tune now and then save up to do the fmic and cams all at once. With your mods the tune will make a big difference...moreso than the other options.
thats a very good point. I wouldn't be too comfortable going wot with all those mods on and no tune yet. Tune hands down will help you the most right now then like op said, save up do fmic and cams and another retune all at once. IveyTune Time
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

^^^+1^^^

Quick Reply: Debating on next mod.