Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: How many miles per gallon do you get while daily driving?
1-10
2.38%
10-20
50.07%
20-30
41.22%
30+
1.98%
What is MPG? I just fill up 10 times a day.
4.36%
Voters: 757. You may not vote on this poll

EVO Gas Mileage MPG miles per gallon -- Merge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Derek Baker
Moogle,

I respect your post. I have read what happened to your car when Al tuned it the last time. To make a long story short The problem is fixed its over, and you had 2 other tunes by him that were fine. So stop your bashing. I'm sick of hearing you say the same thing. Let this thread starter decide for himself,and If he wants a tune to get better gas mileage then so be it but don't say that he should get an RSX- Type S or a hybrid car if his interests are really for the EVO.

Derek
Ur sick of hearing? I never told u ****, and what bashing. I told him that he should research more on the tune not just for saving few miles, and if his concern about it I suggested he should might as well get a rsx/hybrid.

Save that bs u respect my post when u don't even know half of the story, and u weren't even there.

Last edited by moogle; Jan 23, 2005 at 05:26 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by moogle
Ur sick of hearing? I never told u ****, and what bashing. I told him that he should research more on the tune not just for saving few miles, and if his concern about it I suggested he should might as well get a rsx/hybrid.

Save that bs u respect my post when u don't even know half of the story, and u weren't even there.

Why would you put this in your post to Mathgeek? If you were not trying to insinuate something ("Well keep on reading and fine more info on ur tuner bcz dynoflash has given customer good tunes and has made a customers car not run.")

You could have just said Well keep on reading and find more information out on your tuner before you make a decision. THATS IT that is all you had to say. It already says in the bottom of everything you post to stay away from Dynoflash unless you want to get screwed.

Derek
Old Jan 23, 2005, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

LOL bottom of everything... LOL! That's my sig, not my post.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Moogle,
He just wanted a simple answer to basically know if a Dynoflash or any other flash would get him better gas mileage or not thats it. As far as you putting the RSX & hybrid thing in there.. My question to you would be why would he be asking on EVOlutionM about an ACURA or Hybrid car when his interest is in an EVO..

Just some food for thought.

Derek

P.S. I KNOW ITS YOUR SIGNATURE IT STILL SHOWS UP ON EVERYTHING YOU POST

Last edited by Derek Baker; Jan 23, 2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Sheesh. I had no intention of starting WWIII. Thank you all for your input. I will do some independent reading on the issue. It's the Evo that I'm interested in, nothing else. If I cared only about fuel economy, I wouldn't have traded in my 2001 Honda Civic (37 mpg) for my 03 Eclipse GTS. Power is wonderful. I just want to make it as efficient as possible, that's all.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Let me sum up this whole thread real quick. Bottom line, dynoflash will not increase your gas mileage, nor will it decrease your gas mileage. Your stock ecu will get the af stoich everytime it's in closed loop.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
A flash cannot affect mileage because a flash does not affect closed loop operation. If you have a heavy foot that sends the ECU into open loop all the time then yes it can help mileage if your tune leaned you out a bit.

Regarding the Camaro mileage, your wrong. I got 30MPG on the highway and over 20 in the city with my 01 Z28 a few cars ago. That thing ran 12.6 also with just a muffler and air filter. The six speed in that car was a lot more useful than, say, the one in the MR. I used to turn like 1600 RPMs at 70 MPH!!!
Wow!! I had a 98 Cobra and got 16-17 in the city. Pretty amazing mileage from your Z.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

That kind of mileage is common on 6spd ls1 cars. The gearing is phenominal for mpg.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Derek Baker
Moogle,
He just wanted a simple answer to basically know if a Dynoflash or any other flash would get him better gas mileage or not thats it. As far as you putting the RSX & hybrid thing in there.. My question to you would be why would he be asking on EVOlutionM about an ACURA or Hybrid car when his interest is in an EVO..

P.S. I KNOW ITS YOUR SIGNATURE IT STILL SHOWS UP ON EVERYTHING YOU POST
??? Bro I guess u skipped some of my sentences and just looked @ the part about me saying about car not running. I said if he was looking for a car for that I suggest rsx... Well what ever.

Past experience I had in dynoflash it did improve like 5 miles more to the tank, but I wouldn't get a tune just for 5 more miles to the tank.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont see how anyone here is getting over 300mpg. I got my car with one mile on it and a full tank of gas from the dealership. I babied it while I was breaking it in and I think I got around 270. Since then I've filled up around 3 or 4 times and have only gotten around 250-280 max. I drive 44 miles each way to work, granted I don't drive the car everyday (carpool) but I have never seen close to 300 at all and thats normal highway driving here.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

I was behind a jeep the entire way to Ft. Leonardwood, MO from Dallas, TX the time I got 320 miles out of a full tank of gas. That would probably explain why I was able to do so, however on the flip side of that I have since then run completely out of gas once during a freakish rain storm. I only got 313 miles out of that tank with most of my driving done on the highway and some in or around the city (Dallas). Even with all of my mods such as 272 cams, turbo-back exhaust with cat-delete, intake, headers, bigger fmic, bov, profecB, walbro 255 fuel pump, turbotrix flash, and boost set at 22psi I still average around 250 to mostly 280ish depending on how hard I drive. Also, that's with me making 334whp/322tq.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 01:38 PM

Just under 220 - I've only had the Evo MR for a few weeks and it's been a combination of city and freeway. That kinda sucks but it's too much fun!
RAW
Old Feb 15, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I managed 325 on a tank driving to Phoenix from California. When I stopped to fill up I put in 13.8 gallons.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

I would average about 280-300 mpg. on the other hand if i have the roof rack on, I would average about 210-260 sometimes much less
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

136 on a full tank - street driven

Quick Reply: EVO Gas Mileage MPG miles per gallon -- Merge