Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

listen to this...(great day as an evo owner)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
listen to this...(great day as an evo owner)

So i purchased my tb ix mr in january from chesrown in ohio with 9k miles on it. I live in pa, so ohio was the closest place i could find a tb mr. Ive had a great 7 months out of it. I've added some bolt ons,and some cosmetic mods, but nothing special. I started to notice a squeek in my suspension, when going over bumps. And also a weird rubbing in my right wheel when turning left.
My local mitsu dealer thought it coulda been plenty of things, and after about 1k in parts put in to fix. still those sounds occur. I had checked the carfax and everything was clear when i bought it. But after close examining, we were able to see that the front windshield had been replaced, along with the left front fender. There are also 2 very small weld marks above the driver door. it must of been wrecked by the first owner so im super pissed, and have no clue what to do to get rid of these awful noises.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

ouch. thats a bummer
Old Jul 16, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
OWWWW.... that SUCKS.

still, grats on the EVO, you'll love it anyway.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

the squeeking could be a worn top hat or bushing. As for the right rub, you should take ur wheel off and see whats going on. Shouldn't be anything serious. Good luck.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did it not show up on a carfax report?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CR7-Style
So i purchased my tb ix mr in january from chesrown in ohio with 9k miles on it. I live in pa, so ohio was the closest place i could find a tb mr. Ive had a great 7 months out of it. I've added some bolt ons,and some cosmetic mods, but nothing special. I started to notice a squeek in my suspension, when going over bumps. And also a weird rubbing in my right wheel when turning left.
My local mitsu dealer thought it coulda been plenty of things, and after about 1k in parts put in to fix. still those sounds occur. I had checked the carfax and everything was clear when i bought it. But after close examining, we were able to see that the front windshield had been replaced, along with the left front fender. There are also 2 very small weld marks above the driver door. it must of been wrecked by the first owner so im super pissed, and have no clue what to do to get rid of these awful noises.
Not to be an *** but heres your answer.

Did you buy it from a dealer and if so did yall go over the clean car fax if so I would give them a call.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheoryVIII
Not to be an *** but heres your answer.

Did you buy it from a dealer and if so did yall go over the clean car fax if so I would give them a call.

If it was never claimed on insurance.. in the car fax it wouldn't show up..
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks ***. Hopefully you can locate the issue and get it fixed. I can't stand it when I know something is wrong with my car but cannot figure out what is causing it. Good luck.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:15 PM

damn that sucks, good luck man
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

i had the same problem with mine, i bought it from a dealer in hawaii and after it broke down when the warrenty was up they decided to tell me it was owned by the local race company(vakaman). it took some work and about 2k of cash but it is running great now. if you really like the car stick with it and bring it back to life. it sux but it isnt impossible to fix. if u can still take it back i would do that though.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

That totally sucks man. I have this issues with a clicking noise coming from my shocks on some bumps. Had the Mitsu dealer I bought it from take a look and they claim nothing is wrong with it. I still hear the noise even after a few months but I've gotten used to it. Good thing I'll be replacing everything down there when I get coil overs. Hope you can figure out what your issue is.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

does it have a car fax buy back guarantee if so give car fax a call and see what they can do!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:28 PM

Carfax is a joke and just because the report comes back clean doesnt mean the car wasnt wrecked.
For carfax to work properly people need to report things to them and people are lazy.
The only thing its good for is if there is an accident reported, but other than that you cant trust it 100%.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Is it actually grinding off bits of tire?

If not... here's MY advice:

You bought an Evo, don't like the noises your 30k super car makes? Go buy something not just designed to go fast instead. Mine made TONS of noises, they were all normal (except the TC)

Now, if you're noticing anything wrong other than noises, then you have a problem. Check your tire wear, make sure they're all wearing evenly.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:11 PM

welding above the door, replaced windshield, and a replaced left fender, on a 'basicall brand new, stock, never wrecked' evo. Thats what is pissing me off. Carfax was completely clean, and the dealer said it was clean. BULL****