Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help! need advise from you guys

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help! need advise from you guys

hi guys, my car had a problem when it reach 3000 rpm or above, the boost keep dropping and goes up nonstop which means up and down, my foot still on the pedal without letting go on that time. so i went to a workshop for a check up and they told me that it was the solenoid that bring this matter. so they ask to buy a boost controller to solve this problem. yeah it make sense that boost controller can stable or hold the boost. what i was thinking is shouldnt i change the boost solenoid 1st instead oh buying boost controller. correct me if im wrong. what cross my mind was if i buy the boost controller to solve it and what if i take it out in the future for any reason it can be and in that way i guess my car will have that problem occur again. really need advise or opinion from you guys here. appreciate that very much.. thanx

car: evo 7.5 GT-A

mod: air filter and exhaust
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:28 AM

no just change the boost controller, it deletes the solonoid and if it works you need a new solonoid
Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

okay. means i need to get this two things done