Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

stock 8 cam record

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock 8 cam record

Anyone have any idea of what the stock 8 cam record is? This is not something that we are shooting for but looks like it might turn out that way.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
hp record?
1/4 mile record?

specifics help
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:35 PM
Former Sponsor

i was referring to whp but it would be cool to see track times as well.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor

come on, someone has had to put down a decent sized number on stock cams?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably, but it's not something people keep track of. Just because it's one part that's different doesn't mean it's a record. People spend way too much energy trying to establish records. There's a car in the top stock turbos for 2008 who has hit 11.38 @ ~120 in a IX with meth and stock cams, but his car isn't built fully or meant to be breaking stock cam records. He just hadn't gotten around to it yet. I believe it may already have additional mods as he's about to go for 10.9s on the stock turbo.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Probably, but it's not something people keep track of. Just because it's one part that's different doesn't mean it's a record. People spend way too much energy trying to establish records. There's a car in the top stock turbos for 2008 who has hit 11.38 @ ~120 in a IX with meth and stock cams, but his car isn't built fully or meant to be breaking stock cam records. He just hadn't gotten around to it yet. I believe it may already have additional mods as he's about to go for 10.9s on the stock turbo.

As stated in the first post it is not something we are trying for, we just haven't had time to get the cams in, and when we have had times the car has had other issues. I just want to see where this car will stack up with other stock camed evo8's. We are in now was trying to establish a real record here.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know what you wrote, and I'm telling you there is no established record. It's not even something people track. There are a few who have done exceptional things with stock cams, but it's not even a big deal. It's a 25-30whp, which is less than you get with a tune, MBC, or advanced fuel (race gas, e-85, alky/meth, nitrous).

The example I gave you is a decent benchmark. If you can't beat him with his stock motor/head/trans, then don't worry about it.