Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Show me pics of your gauges!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see how you guys that have mounted your gauges out of the line of site, can see them quickly. I have a Zeitronix that's on my column, but am gonna mount boost and EGT gauges on the dash in front of me, so I can see 'em outta the corner of my eye. I don't see how you can take your eyes off the track, and look down to the right, to see how your car's doing.
That'd be several seconds, which could translate to several hundred feet you're traveling down the track, while looking at something else. I'd look back up just in time to see myself plowing through the desert.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

My volt gauge is set to an audible alarm so that when it dips below the threshold it will alert me. That's when I need to look down and check what's up. The volt gauge; in my opinion, is really the only gauge that is suited to be out of my line of sight as I do not need to constantly check it.

But I agree with you; gauges should be in the drivers direct line of sight whenever possible.

Last edited by Grey Razor; Jul 24, 2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Grey Razor
Here are some pics of my Prosports:
Do all the Prosports go red like that, or is it something you did? I just bought a car with boost/oil temp/EGT and would be interested in knowing how to do this...

The oil temp & EGT aren't hooked up properly (no sensor) and the previous owner threw the sensors away... wtf.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 07:09 AM
Account Disabled

I'll have to post mine when my Aquamist gauge comes back from England. Then I'll post mine.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

here is what i am running with the dash, center console, and HAC panel painted black

Last edited by supercharged; Jul 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by derekste
Do all the Prosports go red like that, or is it something you did? I just bought a car with boost/oil temp/EGT and would be interested in knowing how to do this...
They have the Premium Peak/Warn 52mm gauges available in either Amber/White, Green/White or Blue/White. All of them flash red when they hit peak.

I just wired my gauges to toggle between amber and white via the switch on my panel. Most people do a standard hookup and tap into the illumination wire to do the job; but I didn't want to have to turn on my lights to make it change color.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Air/Fuel
Pyrometer
Boost Guage

Last edited by BlueEvo61106; Jul 24, 2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Grey Razor
Here are some pics of my Prosports:

Hottest setup right there!! great work man
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

I do not like the gauge pods that simply go into the stereo whole. It looks out of place. I think if you are going to go with gauges there, you should spend the extra few bucks and get the piece that replaces that whole section, and has the gauges molded in.

Just my opinion
Old Jul 27, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by neonglh
I do not like the gauge pods that simply go into the stereo whole. It looks out of place. I think if you are going to go with gauges there, you should spend the extra few bucks and get the piece that replaces that whole section, and has the gauges molded in.

Just my opinion

I love the gauges right there and i agree but i didn't see that one as a whole piece until after i was done. Otherwise i would have got that one