Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Terrible paint quality... Shame on you Mitsu.

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that sucks, sorry to hear
Old May 23, 2006, 09:32 AM

While filling up my car with gasoline, I spilled a little on the side of the car. The station didn't have a car wash, so I didn't wash it off. When I went to wash my car a few days later, the beautiful white coat turned yellow. I brought it to my dealer and they said it wasn't under warranty. I gave them hell telling them that if water were to spill on my car and change it yellow would you warranty it, and they said no because it was a foreign substance. GASOLINE ISN'T FOREIGN, IT GOES IN THE CAR. They should design it to protect it against things like wax, soaps, water, gasoline, and bird crap. They should think that at one point or another, one of those will land on the paint.

I asked for the district manager and they then covered it under warranty. I guess that is how you have to get it done.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:33 AM

I just repaired 2 rust spots under my rear wing. Looks like the movement of the rear spoiler cracked the paint and it started to rust. I was so pissed!!! I figured it out when I found a orange trail coming from under the wing.

The paint on these cars suck!!!!!!! My 13 year old Supra that I just solds looks better then my Evo.

-Kevin
Old May 23, 2006, 09:37 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

That's why I got a silver car... it hides all the little impefections.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

ive never had problems with my RR paint...go buy MX7 polish..comes in a bottle....my evo is a year old and after i used this stuff the car looked like it belonged on a showroom floor...and i live in hawaii with the salt in air etc....but get mx7...buy nothing else
Old May 23, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red mitsu paint sucks!! I used to have an 03 RR, and everytime i waxed it, red paint would show on the rag! The paint was faiding so i traded it in for an 05 EB
Old May 23, 2006, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Buckkaaaa!!
I've been told that you shouldn't apply any sealants or wax your car for a couple months after you first get the car.... something about how the paint has to settle.... doesn't sound quite right to me but has anybody else heard anything similar?
Thats for freshly painted paint. Normally you don't do anything to the paint right after its freshly painted, and wait for about 1 month for it to settle in. If you get a car thats built right off the line (like you ordered it) you might want to wait a few weeks.