Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Im Getting ripped off by a member

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by porsherules911
File a dispute with paypal immediately better than nothing. You should post his username so others don't buy from him in the future.
Paypal disputes work very nicely. If you have to resort to this, I say do it. Most if not all shippers leave some kind of door message saying that they have been by. Are you sure it was shipped originally?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
he did post his name. it is: 11secMR

watown, sorry to hear about that man, that's a sh*tty situation to have to deal with at any time, let alone when you are out on deployment.

at least everything with the o2 housing went smoothly.
Wow I was going to purchase his hks intake he has for sale. He did message me a couple days ago when I asked him if it was still available.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
he did post his name. it is: 11secMR

watown, sorry to hear about that man, that's a sh*tty situation to have to deal with at any time, let alone when you are out on deployment.

at least everything with the o2 housing went smoothly.
Yep it sure did, Thanks mondo, i had to get my wife to show it to me on tha webcam..lol.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude that sucks man. hate scammers terrible! hope u get ur money back! gl
Old Jul 25, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PHDoc19
Paypal disputes work very nicely. If you have to resort to this, I say do it. Most if not all shippers leave some kind of door message saying that they have been by. Are you sure it was shipped originally?
Originally Posted by porsherules911
Wow I was going to purchase his hks intake he has for sale. He did message me a couple days ago when I asked him if it was still available.
No im not sure it was shipped originally because my wife didnt get any notice from the postal service saying they had stopped by.

Porsherules do not purchase this intake from him, it is possible that that intake does not exist or he is trying to sale it to multiple people...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wartownracer
No im not sure it was shipped originally because my wife didnt get any notice from the postal service saying they had stopped by.

Porsherules do not purchase this intake from him, it is possible that that intake does not exist or he is trying to sale it to multiple people...
You didn't have to tell me that. I was going to pick it up in person so that would have been interesting but I found another seller. Seems like this guy has a good rep but again this just shows that anything can happen at any time regardless if he has a million positive feedbacks.

What bugs me more than anything is the fact these people try to sell stuff but have no sense of urgency about it. Most believe the general rule is get responses within 24 hrs. I think thats complete bs. It shouldn't even be 12 hrs, if your going to sell something then you better be checking hourly for any new messages. Now if your not able to do that then find someone who can check for you or don't list your crap on here. Maybe its me because I've been doing sales and retail all my life so I always have the customers as my number 1 priority. Just my opinion...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wartownracer
Yep it sure did, Thanks mondo, i had to get my wife to show it to me on tha webcam..lol.
now that's a hot webcam show!

i really hope you get this resolved man, and thank you for your service to our country.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear. unfortunately i know how you feel. i lose $505 to some douche here not that long ago. he's banned now, others lost cash to him to. paypal was useless and i'm still in contact with an outside authority trying to get my money back.

good luck.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder if anyone local to him in the New Jersey area knows this guy personally. I would be willing to bet someone on here knows him or if he is legit or not. Either way I agree with some of the things that have been said. Paypal has a limit of 45 days from the transaction, I believe, to file a dispute. Only problem is if there isn't any money in his account at the time, then you still don't get anything. Good luck over there brother and come home safe!

Josh
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmelocik
I wonder if anyone local to him in the New Jersey area knows this guy personally. I would be willing to bet someone on here knows him or if he is legit or not. Either way I agree with some of the things that have been said. Paypal has a limit of 45 days from the transaction, I believe, to file a dispute. Only problem is if there isn't any money in his account at the time, then you still don't get anything. Good luck over there brother and come home safe!

Josh
Check the guys thread history. I'm in NJ but i don't know him personally. But I saw in his threads.. "bump for great guy" or something along those lines so seems like some locals know him.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Seems to me when a courier attempts to deliver a package but nobody's there, they leave a "Sorry we missed you" note, telling you they'll try again the next day, or that you can pick it up at the local post office, or shipper's hub etc...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

I had this happen to me last month. I won my dispute with paypal but they were unable to retrieve any funds from his account. So im out of $750. Paypal prob wont be able to help you unless his still has the money you sent him in his paypal account. I would file it to paypal andyway and also contact a MOD.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by frost318
I had this happen to me last month. I won my dispute with paypal but they were unable to retrieve any funds from his account. So im out of $750. Paypal prob wont be able to help you unless his still has the money you sent him in his paypal account. I would file it to paypal andyway and also contact a MOD.
i have some good news for you..the money will come ...Mine came 12months later 200 at 1st last year...then $550 in June =D thank you paypal
Old Jul 25, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

I hope it works like that for me!!!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

So here's the kicker! The guy is on line right now! I tried to PM him to see if I can't help a fellow service member resolve this without anyone getting there feelings hurt. I will wait and see if he replies to me.

Josh