Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Im Getting ripped off by a member

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im Getting ripped off by a member

I have sent 475 dollars to X$@%#&*!'s paypal account to purchase a graphite gray trunk he had that was wingless with the wholes shaved. I sent the money to him in late june and he sent me a pm saying the trunk was sent out on july 1st. So when i realized that the trunk had not arrived at my wifes house (i am currently in iraq) I sent him a message asking about the trunk and he said that the postal service sent it back to him because no one was at my house to pick it up. He told me that he could re ship it and make it to where a signature is not autorized in order for them to deliver it to my house. I agreed with that and told him to re ship it and i asked him if i owed him any more money, and he said that it was a family shipping company so he didnt need any money.

This guy has 5 positive feedback and sounds like a really nice guy over the net...he didnt take any more money from him when i offered it for the shipping but he told me he would ship it out no later than 13th of july because that was his day off. I have not heard from him since the 10th of july which is when he told me that. I have sent him numerous messages and he has not replied...but his account has been active several times since then. I am really worried about this because it is the first time i have felt im getting ripped off on evom. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do. I am not gonna say this guys name right now because i want to give him a little bit longer to come out and give me a reason why he hasnt responded to me.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PM a moderator

and let us know who it is so we can keep away.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Id post the guys name. I had a deal happen like this once and turned out he sold the same part to 5 people. Good Luck with everything!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

If he said he sent it out on the 1st, and you have not received it yet, it is HIS responsiblity to find out where it is at, or to refund you your money.

God knows you have enough sh*t on your mind being in Iraq. Be safe and the best of luck to you.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:46 PM
Account Disabled

try and see if you can have paypal reimburse your money...if the guy hasnt transferred it out of paypal they can take it away out of his account...hope that helps...and i know it sucks getting ripped off...i got $700 taken away from me this week....
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

file a paypal dispute.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

11secMR, and is there a number i can call to try and get my money back?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Have you talked to him directly?
Did your wife get any notification that a package was sent?
That sounds pretty iffy on his end...

However, +5 feedback don't really mean anything...

Hope things work out for you man!

I wonder if this was the same guy that I wanted to buy that same trunk from... Oo
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

no my wife did not receive anything...and i have not spoken to him directly because he will not respond to any of my pm's...he hasnt given me a number...this make me so mad
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

sorry guys i paid him 415 instead of 475. I just looked at the paypal recipt. Not that that matters but......
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know exactly how you feel having been through this situation MULTIPLE times with members on here. The majority of people selling need to have a lesson on selling 101 for idiots seriously. My advice is just be patient even though its really tough. After my experiences, I will no longer seek evoM as a first choice in buying stuff, it will probably be a last resort. Sick and tired of these people who try to sell and don't go about it the right way.

I got ripped off by a member stating the part I was buying was by x company but then what I recieved was not what he stated. Hearing from him was extremely rare and he said he was going to refund me "part of my purchase". Well, its been over a month and I have heard nothing from him. In this case, I had to eat up the loss and lesson learned.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i understand i may have to eat a loss but i havnt received anything at all...but i guess i can write it off as a loss.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
File a dispute with paypal immediately better than nothing. You should post his username so others don't buy from him in the future.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by porsherules911
File a dispute with paypal immediately better than nothing. You should post his username so others don't buy from him in the future.
he did post his name. it is: 11secMR

watown, sorry to hear about that man, that's a sh*tty situation to have to deal with at any time, let alone when you are out on deployment.

at least everything with the o2 housing went smoothly.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

i hope you get this resolved... i would hate to see anyone ripping off anyone on these boards let alone a soldier serving in Iraq...

i wish you luck on getting this resolved and a safe tour and return home!!!!

STevo

P.S. i am a prior service US marine and i have a cousin serving his 3rd tour in Iraq right now in the marine corps. if somebody was trying to rip him off i would be kicking some ***!!!