Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Will future evo's be able to keep up??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outsiders perspective: ie, I'm not an Evo owner......yet.

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about as far as the legacy of the Evo is concerned. While yes the Evo X is not everything VIII & IX owners were looking for to carry on the torch, it's still a pretty fearsome machine for under $40K.

I just got done watching this special on Ferrari's on TV and they were talking about how the stick shift manual transmission is dead....it's a thing of the past. Well.....damn, the Evo X MR has similar principals as one of the greatest automobiles on the road to date.

So for under $40K you're getting a piece of a $250K car, one of the most desiriable pieces.

And I completely agree with a previous post stating that Mitsu has left alot on the table w/the 4B11. In time it will be right up there w/the VIII's and IX's. Comming from the Honda camp, I remeber when the K20 first came out and everybody hated it. RSX-S sales sucked in the first couple years.....everybody was still in love with the B-series.

But in time the K20 was figured out and now it will put shame to any B-series cars (mine included, I fear the K20). The same will go for the 4B11.