Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Megan Racing TBE Quality?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megan Racing TBE Quality?

Did a search and didn't find what i was looking for. I am looking at the megan racing turbo back exhaust. Is the exhaust a full 3" all the way back? How is the drone while on the highway? More importantly, i plan on driving my car in the winter probably, in WI We have a lot of salt. Even though it is stainless some of the lower grades and welds can still rust. Does anyone have this exhaust that has driven in winter conditions? If it holds up to that it's hard to justify spending that much more for an "upper end" exhaust.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

I'm picking up mine on Sunday. DP, Test pipe and all. I believe it is 3" all the way. I'll let you know more details when I set it up.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont have this exhaust atm but I did look into it when I was considering getting one. It should be 3in all the way and the drone shouldn't be that bad at all. For the winter, I usually hose down the exhaust as much as I can whenever salt gets on there.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

I have is and drone is not to bad (at least my neighbors don't complain), resonated test pipe helps. Not sure about winter though-- I'm in Florida.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got it. Love it. 3 inch stainless all the way back. Sounds great. Very tolerable on the highway. I live in ATL were there is now salt or snow so I can't answer that question. Definately PM Zeus on this forum. He can get you a great price and answer any question about Megan products. I bought mine through him a it was at my door in 3 days. And for that "upper end exhaust", its just 3 inch piping and a muffler. No need to spend $1000 on an exhaust system. I luv my Megan.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

I'm going onto 3 years with it, and the piping looks great still... there is a little bit of corrosion, but that's to be expected. Let's say, in comparison to my friend's fujitsubo it looks no different

Definitely a meaner growl to the car, but not that loud in comparison to some other exhausts I've heard.

The flanges are very thick and the welds are great. Mine ended up sitting a little to one side of the rear bumper, which is/was common for when I got it. I tried my best to make as much adjustments as possible and trimmed my bumper a tiny bit extra.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:27 AM

Sounds good guys, i don't want to **** any one off but my thought was exactly that, why spend twice as much for a piece of stainless tubing.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

I live on the eastside of milwaukee and have this exhaust with other mods and its louder then anything else on the street! But I love it and the quality is great for what I payed!
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:10 PM

So others say its fairly quiet and you say its louder than hell??? lol I'm in Germantown btw, if you are ever up in the area i'l like to check your car out.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zx1216
Sounds good guys, i don't want to **** any one off but my thought was exactly that, why spend twice as much for a piece of stainless tubing.
You will get a different sound from different brands. I have the 3" megan TBE powder coated black. good sound 4 grand it really starts to get mean.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

I run race gas and cams at 26psi!
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by denny424
I run race gas and cams at 26psi!
Haha, i see, that will get loud then. Any good evo/car metts around milwaukee? I just moved down this way.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah there doing one tonight. LOL you moved to a good place for evo's! Fuddruckers tonight!
Old Jul 30, 2008, 02:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You mentioned protection against snow/salt. I would have to recommend the limited edition stealth black TBE from Megan Racing. This ceramic coating also acts as an amazing Anti-Corrosion layer that will enhance the durability of your exhaust while also trapping heat and noise within the piping to increase performance and reduce interior resonance.

http://www.meganracing.com/products/...=714&catid=126

Low rumble, no drone but screams when you get on it. I have the Megan Racing downpipe, testpipe and catback in the above shown Black. I Love it.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

its the best sounding ex out there in my opinion

Quick Reply: Megan Racing TBE Quality?