Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Clutch Problem??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clutch Problem??

I was driving home today from work and I took the route I have always taken home for the past 2 years. Towards the end of the route home, I was on a hill and I was feathering the clutch at like 2000rpms or so like you would normal drive a car and as I let the clutch go so it would be fully engaged I heard a loud Bang but with a ring behind it and the car didn't really jerk, well it did a little but that was because I let the crutch pedal up quicker because it got a lot harder with the sound. Ever since that sound the pedal has been harder. I only have just over 10,000 miles on the car, and I haven't launched it hard. And I don't really submit the drivetrain to any tremendous shock force i.e. double clutching or really intense shifts like power shifting or anything thing like that. I have of course driven the car spiritedly but not in a way that it would damage it. Now I do know how to drive stick and this is my about fifth standard trans car, so don't flame me and tell me I messed up the clutch because I am M/t noob. I am posing this question because I can't think of anything that could have happened unless something on the pressure plate broke. But it is pull type so Maybe something else happened. I am getting a little noise from the throw out bearing but its soo little it might have been there before and I just noticed it now. Also I didn't realy check but the clutch doesn't feel like it slipping but I have to get it into a high gear and go WOT.