Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how to sell the evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
part it out and sell the car
Old Aug 3, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
divorce?
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one word fellas, twins
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

even with twins, you cn still put a car seat in the back. why is it when someone has a kid they think they need a bus to get around. I would keep the evo. not worth it to take a loss on it.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

i'm in a similar proposition except i'm looking for a more business oriented vehicle, rolling up in the evo at a company golf match is kind of awkward
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LanEvoNine
i'm in a similar proposition except i'm looking for a more business oriented vehicle, rolling up in the evo at a company golf match is kind of awkward
maybe you shouldnt care so much about what other people think- if people look down on you for driving a mitsubishi they are either ignorant for not knowing what a great machine the evo is or they are elitist bastards- why dont you take them for a ride and scare the $hit out of them, so they can be like "what kind of car did you say this is?"
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

LOL at you people who think an Evo is a "family oriented car". Having 4 doors does not make it so. There is not much back seat room, its loud (especially having ~400whp), not a very smooth ride over the bumps, no cruise, not sure what the ratings are but I know its not top rated in safety terms which should be a huge concern with 2 infants in the back seat.

Theres lots of reasons why an Evo isn't a "family car", especially a fairly heavily modified one.

Congrats on the family! I would check auto-trader, cars.com, etc and see what other Evos close to you are going for with similar miles. And if yours is exceptional, ask a little bit more. Its better to ask too much and be offered less, than ask too low and not get full value out of it.

For the "business" guy.....I don't see anything wrong with the Evo.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 01:36 PM

funny I'm going threw the same... but I bought mine modded :/ now trying to sell it modded... its on here.... but I should check out other places to sell it :/
Old Aug 3, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the advice, and one more note try fitting a doube stroller and more then a bag in the trunk of an evo
Old Aug 4, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
maybe you shouldnt care so much about what other people think- if people look down on you for driving a mitsubishi they are either ignorant for not knowing what a great machine the evo is or they are elitist bastards- why dont you take them for a ride and scare the $hit out of them, so they can be like "what kind of car did you say this is?"
its not what people think its what i think, the car gets boring quick if you don't race it anymore, not down with the big goofy wing anymore either, growing out of the boy-racerish look, i think an e92 m3 is a fitting replacement
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by highbredcloud
honestly...unless you want something cheaper in terms of maitnence or monthly payments...how is the eVo not a family oriented car? It its a 4 banger, with 4 doors...that just happens to have a turbo and great handling along with a lot of potential...if you want to throw a baby seat in the back...I recently found out that recaro makes some great baby seats to match the ones up front...besides...you can always go wingless and not attract the wrong attention from people and the guys in blue...just my opinion...

Thats why I BOUGHT my Evo, I sold my 2000 civic si and got a 9, best choice I ever made!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Part it out to get the extra cash and/or trade to get stock OEM parts. Put it back to stock and sell it privately.

Private sales always net bare minimum 2k more than the "stealership"...... I mean "dealership"..... Yeeeeaaahhh..... ;P

PS: Congrats on the Twins! You can name them "Turbo 1" and Turbo 2" and when people ask "What you got in the minivan?", You can reply " I got TWIN TURBOS!" ROFL. XD