Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo stalking?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
happens all the time... come outside from wherever and there's a kid taking a pic of my car with his cell phone... Though prolly even more often than in the US cause evo really isn't all that common around here.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotten compliments, but nothing creepy.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vibrant
I live in St. Joseph, but will be moving to north KC soon. (just got a great job down there)
Sweet, closer to our meets lol.

Anyways yeah Id have whooped that kids *** also, Iv wanted an Evo for a very very long time. And Iv worked hard for it, its the reason I joined the Army so some little punk aint gonna mess with my ****.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I got you beat: I have had my car for 2 months, and I own the only evo in my town of 76000 people. Three weekends ago, my 2 friends and I were leaving the 54th Street after having a few, and we see a bunch of younger guys around my car. We get closer, and I see one little punk leaning against my front driver side fender. I am a freak about my car (just ask the wife), and I lost it. I yelled at the little **** from halfway across the parking lot, "You better get your *** off my car!". I could not believe the f-ing ***** on this kid, cuz he tells me to **** off. I literally grab him by his throat and throw him to the side. Then his little punk friends tried to swell up on me. Out of nowhere, my buddy drops the one closest to him. The rest ran their mouths and left, threatening us the whole way. What really sucks is now I have to be really careful since the town is small, and everyone knows my car. I am just waiting now for something to happen. If that little ****er hadn't forced my hand, none of this would have happened.
*** whoopins would have DEFINATELY been in order IMO. Would have had them line up like the kids in "Baby Boy"- Oh you got heart huh? KO
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I would try not to react in violence or they may seek revenge next time. Keep in mind that you won't always be around your your car 24/7 to protect it.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Sell you car get a Toyota end of issue. If you still feel this way afterwards contact a theropist. Lastly the Evo's body style is over 5 years old in the US with thousands sold, Im usually more suprised when I dont see one.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I see more Porches and other kind of cars then I do Evo's. Other then my Buddy Dave's since we usually roll together.

Evo's maybe me more Common in Cali which I Im pretty sure there are because when I was lookign to buy an Evo 90% of them were located in CA.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

yeah...there are too many jealous f*cks out there...I remember when I first purchased my eVo...I went out to a club come out and someone threw an egg at my car...WTF...you're at a club and someone had an egg...anyways cost me $200 to repaint the door...next week...someone dings my car in the same spot...now I park in my garage at all times...thank God for paintless dent removals...
Old Aug 3, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nawaz
I would try not to react in violence or they may seek revenge next time. Keep in mind that you won't always be around your your car 24/7 to protect it.
Look, I am a pacifist. I would fight at the drop of a hat when I was younger, but I am an adult now, and I know that fighting has consequences. I have too much at stake to go to jail or the hospital. Unless you are absolutely spineless, I know had you been in the same situation, you would have reacted much the same as I did. Blatant disrespect for me or my property will NOT go unchecked.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Look, I am a pacifist. I would fight at the drop of a hat when I was younger, but I am an adult now, and I know that fighting has consequences. I have too much at stake to go to jail or the hospital. Unless you are absolutely spineless, I know had you been in the same situation, you would have reacted much the same as I did. Blatant disrespect for me or my property will NOT go unchecked.
I think what he means is that it's better to simply call the police rather than assaulting someone who could have a weapon. By striking first, according to your story, you're assaulting someone that posed you no harm. If your story is completely one hundred percent accurate, and not embelished in anyway, then you grabbed a kid's throat after having a few drinks because he wouldn't move away from your car.

Getting someone's asscheeks off your car isn't worth going to jail, or worse still, getting shot over.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by k2boarder3187
lol ohh i thought u came out and it was there lmao.. my mistake
Oh, and to be honest I just went over to those autox races going on in our town...I half expected to walk back to my car and find you, or someone from the board, standing by it all stalker-ish
Old Aug 3, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rane
I think what he means is that it's better to simply call the police rather than assaulting someone who could have a weapon. By striking first, according to your story, you're assaulting someone that posed you no harm. If your story is completely one hundred percent accurate, and not embelished in anyway, then you grabbed a kid's throat after having a few drinks because he wouldn't move away from your car.

Getting someone's asscheeks off your car isn't worth going to jail, or worse still, getting shot over.
Anyone is allowed to protect their property and prevent harm to come of it. He asked the person to stop what he was doing the person blatantly disregarded his request. He then protected his property from damage by using the minimum amount of force necessary.

Seems completly reasonable to me and Im an MP.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

i think that most people in this thred are wayyyyy to paranoid..its just a car people..drive it and enjoy it..i have a friend thats like this and it gets fkn rediculous when someone stands by his car and completely flips out if someone gets too close to it. and keeps looking out the window to see if his car is still there every 5 min.!!! so i say chill out and get on some medication or something..**** happens people.!! just drive the car and chill.yes i love my car but guess what..if it gets stolen..ill just go and buy another one with the insurance money.!!!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

it happen to me without me noticing it and they stole my evo
so keep a good on it, and install some kind of tracking system
Old Aug 3, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here's my 2 cents......

Owning a modded LY EVO in a big populated area will get you a lot of attention. luckily for me nobody's messed with it, but I have seen people take pictures posing next to it, I've been approached by people in gas stations and asked about the car... I've cruised in traffic and have seen people stare as they pass me.. and have come across a few loonys who have tried to race me as well....

But more often, people in other sports cars just usually back down when they see me roll up along side them.

As for parking, nobody's messed with the car yet as I never usually leave it unattended for long peroids of time.

Its a good thing I have a beater car, which I can park anywhere, which nobody notices anyway for running errands, shopping, or going to visit friends in bad neighborhoods.