Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo stalking?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Evo stalking?

The title for this thread might not be entirely accurate, but that's the best I could come up with.

Has anyone else found themselves in situations where it feels like your car is being watched? Or even worse, that you were being watched and/or followed?

I first noticed this three days after buying my Evo back in 2006. I went to the local mall and parked it far away from other cars (but still in plain sight), and when I came walking out about 15 minutes later I saw a pickup truck park about three spaces down from it. While I'm walking back I see two guys get out, run over, and start peering through my windows. They were literally pressing the sides of their hands to the glass to block out the glare, which caused my thoughts to morph from ooh yeah, that's mine to --hey get your hands off the glass! As I got closer they saw me coming, came away, asked if it was mine and said it was nice, etc etc. No big deal I figured, they were just admiring and I have no problem with that.

A couple months later I parked at a different area at the same mall. This time I was a bit closer to the mall itself, but only because it was a weekday and not many people were around. Once again, I come walking out to find someone near my car. This time its two teenagers driving around in circles; literally, they were coming within about a foot of my car, circling it like vultures--not cool. They soon parked right next to my ride and stopped. I walked over, gave them a look, and got in. Never did they compliment me or say anything more; as soon as I turned the key they drove off. Seriously, I thought they were at least parking next to my car--I mean why else circle it three or four times and then just stop? Why drive off right when I get in it?

Another time I parked outside of a store, went walking inside, and on the way passed by a guy sitting in a WRX. I doubt he saw where I came from, but I remembered his car--even when I came out and saw him parked two spaces down from mine, at an angle, and just waiting. He actually moved his car about three hundred feet back to be near mine! Annnnd at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I walked back to my car, he saw me coming, and took off.

Last one. I'm driving home one day on Rt. 15 here in CT. A car (can't remember what) was riding my *** the whole way. I mean the whole way. They got off my exit, followed me down main roads, side roads, turns, and even down roads that seldom see cars. I was coming up to my stop, and by this point I'm thinking something is about to happen. I've had cars tail me for miles just to go to the same movie theater or whatever...but never had someone tailgated me from a highway down to the same convenience store. I parked, in the most public area I could, look over, and find the passenger is turned with the back of his head to me. I get out, not wanting to start anything if I could--and you guessed it, they just drove away.

Anyone else have these experiences? Usually I try to keep things simple and assume people are just admiring the car, or maybe they thought I was someone else? If they thought I was so and so they might wait, realize I wasn't that person, and then take off? Still, it's a tad creepy to have people either following you, circling your car like vultures, or just waiting for you to come walking back.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not noticed with me. I think that I would tend to pay attention to this kind of thing, so I doubt that I would miss it. Good luck though.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

I've had a few incidents like that before where people are just around the car or follow me for a bit, nothing to long or to straight forward. I actually found that i don't do it as much as i use to or i should say i don't pay that much attention.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ive had people that stop and look at my car like at the mall and such
get out and get all close to it
seen people laying on the ground to see the bottom of it like my exhaust and such
even had a cop get out and look at it
always got compliments from them
no driving away
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i walked into wawa yesterday and when i came out a kid met me at the door and was like man im in love with your car n im like yea thanx the kid looked like he was 15 but he started following me saying how nice it was and all so i turned to him and said buy it! and he said really? how much? i said $20,000 and he was like oh and he then put his head down and walked away haha i laughed and got into my car and left and i looked out my window and he was watching me drive up the road haha
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

What color is yours? When I had the white one i noticed the same thing, since then I got two black and it doesn't happen as much.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

how often do you go to the mall....
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

I think he works there.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

i kno the feeling i get it quite often since ive been in maine..not many ppl no what is up here lol there all tree hugging hippies
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What you need.

Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

This stuff happens to me ALLL the time the weirdest things...
I cant stand it...
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

it happens to me all the time and it always makes me uneasy. it's usually a sports car of some sort that stalks me.

a few weeks ago, also at the mall i saw someone get out of a white SUV and eye rape my car. i came out later to leave and saw a nice dent with some white paint on my driver door. cool.

other little stuff like my valve caps getting stolen, etc. has happened. i'm honestly surprised the car hasn't been stolen yet. so yes i know how you feel.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

I've had that happen to me.... alot. I don't like it at all. And being a girl makes it worse. I've been followed home on more than one occasion along with being followed to other ppls houses. It's not fun but I love my car too much to get rid of it so the problem stops..... It hasnt happened lately. If it happens now I'll usually pull off and wait to see what they do.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

hey rane what about the time you parked at the mall and spray painted next to your car on the wall read "imports suck"
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by alloutDSM
how often do you go to the mall....
I don't work there, but I'm there maybe ten-twelve times a year? Obviously this isn't really something I keep track of...when I have to buy something I go to the mall (the other option is Wal-Mart, but hey, why support slavery?).

Out of those maybe ten-twelve times I've had this sort of thing happen two-three times. So no, it's not an ongoing, everyday thing...but enough so that I notice.