Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

in accident..what to fix?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can fix that lip with out to much of an issue. There is a little plastic clip (you can see it in the picture you posted, the white part) that screws on right on the inside of the finder, right by the edge you will find a philps head screw, unscrew it and a little plastic pice will fall out. The plastic "welds" break off really easy. Just get some two part epoxy put on that peice screw it in possition with the epoxy facing out, push the lip in to possion, and use some blue painters tape to hold it in possition untill the expoy sets.

Take the undertray off and throw it away, those are the biggest pain in the @$$ to work with on the car. You dont need it, and it will save you a lot of headache later if you start working on the car having it gone.

Use the money to get an aftermarket intercooler and piping
Old Aug 5, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Get a Beatrush undertray.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by denver
Take the undertray off and throw it away, those are the biggest pain in the @$$ to work with on the car. You dont need it, and it will save you a lot of headache later if you start working on the car having it gone.

Use the money to get an aftermarket intercooler and piping
I wholeheartedly agree. The stock undertray was the biggest pain in the *** to deal with whenever I had to get to something underneath my car. Do yourself a huge favor and remove it and don't put it back on. Look at the ETS intercooler and piping. You won't regret it.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

not a bad deal you can get a cf front lip for like 300 and a nice FMIC with pipes for like 800 so u got 600 more
Old Aug 5, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would buy new fimic, IF not, do a pressure test and see if it leaks, dent looks pretty big to me in fimic, you can pick up a stock one for around 100 bux if you look around. Take the front bumper off , re-paint the lip and fix it, as far undertray just take it off and see how bad the damage is, if its not fixible just leave it off and look for one....
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by idfc
I know 1st post in ever! but like I said, all stock...until now

the $1700 ($2200 -$500 dedcutable) was from the insurance adjuster (who looked at the car for 2 minutes and didnt even take the bumper off so im sure theres more damage(i'd assume) they're being cool about it, just seems lazy

any way for me to eyeball or test for other damage myself regarding the pipes etc?
Ill take pix tonight and try to get them on asap!

thanks 4 the tips so far guys

any other suggestions welcome....such as other 1st step mods(i know i know search haha but since im getting new fmic wondering if that would affect your decision on mods) thanks again guys
If someone backed into your car there shouldn't be a deductable involved. You aren't at fault.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by idfc
some dus##e bag backed into me
If you're not going to spell it correctly there is no need to bleep it out. Good luck with the fix.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Just my 2 cents - but I bet we don't even know half of what you need to replace, especially without taking the thing apart.
Your estimator sounds pretty dodgy. Initially they glance over the damage, but they pull out their laptop and use estimating software and that bad boy tells them every single nut and bolt that could have got damaged and needs to be inspected.
He/she didn't send you a breakout of what to replace/repair?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 01:46 PM

no question im getting new fmic! will an aftermarket fmic connect to the existing piping? or will I need new?
I will take that stupid undertray and chuck it...its been in the way twice just trying to take those pics haha..
had been thinking about aftermarket bumper anyways, now might be the time..
-jimbobdaga MN is a no fault state, so unless a totall tard admits "yup, totally my fault" both parties are paying!

deepee1- I agree 100% the adjuster did say he was assuming there'd be "alittle" more to be coverd just asked me to send the estimate to him 1st(we'll see...)

thanks as always guys