Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone else got RIPPED OFF by EvoDave?!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else got RIPPED OFF by EvoDave?!

I have no idea where to put this as I have already asked for the moderators assistance.

I emailed 'spt' and he said he'd look into it by forwarding my complaint to EvoDave. He did and evodave responded directly to me indicating that he lost my shipping address. The same day I got this pm I sent him the address! It's been nearly 2 months now and I havent heard from David or gotten my lights!

Decided to email spt again but this time got no response from him or evodave...this last pm to spt was on july 22nd.

I dont know which other moderator can assist..but I'm sorry I had to post this there...

anyway this is the story in a summary and my last pm to spt....

"Ali..sorry about troubling you again. After you sent him the pm he replied to me and asked me for the shipping address again. I gave him immediately. After that I gave it a couple days but nothing was happening.. I pm'ed him again to ask what the status was..
Got no answer. This was over 3 weeks ago. Havent heard from him since and I didnt receive any lights either.
Anything else you can do for me?

Thanks,
Faisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spt
Hello,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Has this issue been resolved yet? If not, could I forward this pm to him?

Thanks
Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11secEVO7
Hi there. I dont know if you can help but this is a complaint about a member on this forum.

On the 13th of December 2007 I sent evodave a payment for $790USD. These were for modified lights and this was the price he gave me. Long story short...it has been 7 months now and I haven't received my goods. I've been in contact with him off and on over this period of time but he just gives me empty promises and then I dont hear from him for quite some time. I'm so fed up now. Thing is, I live in Trinidad so it isn't exactly cheap for me to always be calling him up.

I've got tons of pm's relating to this situation between myself and David. I also have my receipt of sending him the money. I know he is a respected member on here but I just dont know what is going on. I'm hoping that you guys could put some weight on the situation.

I'm sure you'd like to have a look at the pm's etc. Let me know how I should go about sending them to you and what else you need.

Was hoping I didnt have to involve anyone else but it has come to this now.

Let me know,
Faisal Mahadeo

"

It is now 9 months I have paid and gotten nothing in return for it......I'm surprised no one else is in the same boat.

Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That's weird evo dave is usally a straight up guy.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

He probably WAS straight at some point...
Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Feb 13, 2008, 09:55 AM
evodave
Silver Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (427)

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net

Drives: EVO 8 (2) , 350z, cherokee, ducati ss , acura cl , 240sx, custom kawasaki...

Re: Headlight with duct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey you guys....i am writing this to the 7 guys who have evo and sti headlight ducts getting put in their lights or lights purchased from me . i know this is a bit drawn out (which i should have planned on when producing/coating them but i am new to this level of prototyping and production) and i am about to draw it to an end/completion for production finally . After a final tally everyone decided on black ducts and i painted and tested the strength/hold of the paint (i use it often for metal work) but wasn't satisfied that it would hold up to rocks (not positive if anything really will) but since i had other duct units getting done anyway, i sent them all to a good guy i am starting to use for other automotive powdercoating and sand blasting stuff and let him work his magic. They are done now and i received them late thursday. The decision was made about a 1-2 weeks ago when i was hoping i could get them back quickly but then i got sick.

Fast forward to today ,he could have had them done a bit faster but i ended up getting SO sick for the last almost two weeks that i was in my doctors numerous times , have had all kinds of medicine and tests for all kinds of stuff including, influenza , mono and others.....it all came back negative... testing the white blood cells or something the doctor finally came to the conclusion i must have had pneumonia and i was in horrible condition since the beginning of the month. I basically slept and was sick. I appologize for not getting back with everyone sooner (i still haven't even had time to get to PM's and emails so i am sorry if i missed something and i will get them returned tomorrow since there are tons. I am sorry for blabbering but there was literally no way for me to work and it kinda wouldn't have mattered except maybe a week sooner for having them done with the powdercoater and installed. All lights are/have been modded and are just awaiting the ducts and dropping them in and sealing them . Now that i have them its rock and roll time and i am feeling much better. I will have tracking info to each and everyone this week. Btw, i am super glad i used powdercoating it looks nice and should be extrememly durable. STI guys the prototype /new setup will be done and tested this week and laser cut rings will be ordered accordingly after verification of the sizes and stuff.

Thanks you all so much for the understanding and i will make sure you won't regret the wait!
Dave

This was in February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still nothing!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:18 PM
evodave
Silver Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (427)

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net

Drives: EVO 8 (2) , 350z, cherokee, ducati ss , acura cl , 240sx, custom kawasaki...

Re: Headlight with duct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

was wrapping everything up this weekend and figured out a better setup/design....glad i did its SICK....here are the pics of what your getting duct wise....

Couple of pics followed this message but they didnt copy to here...either way the lights looked like they were finished and I was expecting them very soon after..
This was feb 18th!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah...he's fallen off the grid
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

In a few months it'll be a year since I paid this guy!

I took chances buying from tons of members on here...some with even no sales rating cause they just joined...I expected a scam there...but they all honored the deal!

but not from a member with ratings in the 400's!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Yes i got ripped off by EVOdave also. Same exact thing happen to me. I have order the Tail lights mod from him and send him paypal for $280. And i have made the request to have it before the car show, which was like in April.

But he said that he have send it. It never got shipped to me. And i went through that email process like you until now and never heard anything from him. I dont know if i should give him a negative feedback, reason why i dont do that is because if i do, he would not give a dam anyways..... I got fed up so i just bought the legit JDM evo8 MR tail lights from Z1 performance..... but lost $280.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
He was a stand up guy. One of the best guys I have ever dealt with on here.

BUT HES KILLING ME

Ive been trying to get back a hold of him for way to long now. I got some tails done by him waited forever for them and 2 weeks after getting them inside the housings developed "HALO RINGS"

Looks like he used some compound on the inner part of the lenses. Well the heat from the bulbs brought the compound up to the surface now there are these crappy looking rings inside my taillights

THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP.

I was in touch with him cause his products supposedly carry a lifetime warranty. Well he told me he has seen this with "stock taillights" UH OK. But he gave me a number and I havent been able to contact him since

I just want to get this resolved as well I dont think its fair for me to have to look at these tails anymore. I offered to pay shipping both ways on a new set. Dont know how much nicer I can be
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Azntoyhere
Yes i got ripped off by EVOdave also. Same exact thing happen to me. I have order the Tail lights mod from him and send him paypal for $280. And i have made the request to have it before the car show, which was like in April.

But he said that he have send it. It never got shipped to me. And i went through that email process like you until now and never heard anything from him. I dont know if i should give him a negative feedback, reason why i dont do that is because if i do, he would not give a dam anyways..... I got fed up so i just bought the legit JDM evo8 MR tail lights from Z1 performance..... but lost $280.
he probably has thousands of dollars from people that he owes products to
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:28 AM
Account Disabled

Bummer ..... Bad deal guy's I hope this gets resolved. Mods??
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

But i can sure use that $280 for gas though =(
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
He was a stand up guy. One of the best guys I have ever dealt with on here.

BUT HES KILLING ME

Ive been trying to get back a hold of him for way to long now. I got some tails done by him waited forever for them and 2 weeks after getting them inside the housings developed "HALO RINGS"

Looks like he used some compound on the inner part of the lenses. Well the heat from the bulbs brought the compound up to the surface now there are these crappy looking rings inside my taillights

THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP.

I was in touch with him cause his products supposedly carry a lifetime warranty. Well he told me he has seen this with "stock taillights" UH OK. But he gave me a number and I havent been able to contact him since

I just want to get this resolved as well I dont think its fair for me to have to look at these tails anymore. I offered to pay shipping both ways on a new set. Dont know how much nicer I can be

i saw your tails 1st hand. not something i would be happy with one bit. 100% deffenently a modding defect.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Sucks guys! Bump to try and get some MODs involvment.

Maybe he got seriously sick, but even still, you should have someone, wife, friend etc keeping people up to date on the situation thats a lot of money and responsiblity to be dealing with.......

On a up note, I did my head lights this weekend following the how to on the forum and it wasn't that bad...... just FYI for those looking to get their head lights done....... No ducting or anything, just blacked out..... All it takes is some care, and time.....
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

The headlights is actually not hard at all to do. The tail lights on the other hand its a pain to do. Its doable but a pain. I rather pay someone to do it then DIY.

Quick Reply: Anyone else got RIPPED OFF by EvoDave?!