Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Am I headed in the right direction?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by compscibOi
You can run pump 93 and setup a meth kit to come on only when you hit certain boost levels. This is kind of like running race gas on demand without the race gas prices.

Honestly, it really is up to you. There are so many routes to go. If you have the $, go buy the new turbo kit. What exactly are your goals?

I am going to be going meth injection and cams to bump my pump 93 stock turbo IX from 374.9 AWHP / 371 AWTQ to well over 430 AWHP / 440AWTQ on meth.

I think for the money, I can def enjoy my car at that output level for a fraction of the cost of a brand new GT35R. Once I get bored with that, I can drop some money on the ETS kit I have been looking at and then get the car tuned with bigger injectors on a GT35R setup.

It's up to you bro. Spend the $ or stick with the stock turbo. If your goals are 400AWHP, then pump gas will do it for you with cams and meth.

If you are shooting for 500+, I would say if you have the money, drop the dough on a GT35R and get tuned. Be ready for parts to fail unless you build your motor. Prevent and build your car first before pushing in more fuel air and boost. Always step back and take a look at your car performance wise, and say to yourself, will this next mod be resitricted by anything (air flow, boost pressure, etc...) if there is something on your car that will not free up wear and tear and maximize your performance, it's time to replace that part (i.e a down pipe or an O2 housing, or ARP headstuds... etc...) Your car and your wallet will thank you for a little insurance.

This is a great thread!

G/L!

Thanks for all the information! I still need to do more research on meth. The only reason I wanted to stay away from it was because I am still very uneducated on it. For all I know, it another cool sounding mod to a car. Still dont know the purpose for it or what it helps. I do know it gets you more power just dont know how exactly. Im going to do some more research and see what I can come up with
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your path looks good and many have done it. The FP Green is a killer turbo with 93 and meth. On straight pump and cams look for 400awhp and stock like spool. IMO you can't beat it. Get your mani and O2 ported/coated and some injectors and your good to go. Also look into a clutch if you didn't allready

As far as the I/C and piping goes, you can't beat ETS! I don't care what anybody says.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

it seems alot of people prefer meth but 400 awhp is very achievable with an upgraded fuel system and maybe a bigger turbo correct?.....there is a whole thread on the use of meth by the way ....
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skip the green and meth, do the red and a 4" BR FMIC, ported exhaust, ported intake, ported tb, GSC S2 cams.

should do 400awhp on 93 octane easily and be very reliable.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
skip the green and meth, do the red and a 4" BR FMIC, ported exhaust, ported intake, ported tb, GSC S2 cams.

should do 400awhp on 93 octane easily and be very reliable.
stop stealing my setup! that ish is copyright.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DOUGLAS
it seems alot of people prefer meth but 400 awhp is very achievable with an upgraded fuel system and maybe a bigger turbo correct?.....there is a whole thread on the use of meth by the way ....
Yes 400 whp is achievable with an upgraded fuel system and a bigger turbo. An upgraded fuel system and a bigger turbo + cams will run you a couple of grand.

400+ AWHP is achievable with the stock turbo and stock fuel system, larger injectors, cams and will run you less than a grand.

You tell me which one you would choose.

I am not trying to promote meth and or the upgrading or not upgrading of the turbo here. Can 400 AWHP be done with an upgraded turbo? Yes. Can 400 AWHP be done with the stock turbo? Yes. Which ever route anyone takes can get them there, I just know I won't be getting there spending extra $ I don't need to until it's time for the justification to spend the money on a new turbo setup.

Last edited by compscibOi; Aug 6, 2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Yes 400 whp is achievable with an upgraded fuel system and a bigger turbo. An upgraded fuel system and a bigger turbo + cams will run you a couple of grand.

400+ AWHP is achievable with the stock turbo and stock fuel system, larger injectors, cams and will run you less than a grand.

I am not trying to promote meth and or the upgrading or not upgrading of the turbo here. Can 400 AWHP be done with an upgraded turbo? Yes. Can 400 AWHP be done with the stock turbo? Yes. Which ever route anyone takes can get them there, I just know I won't be getting there spending extra $ I don't need to until it's time for the justification to spend the money on a new turbo setup.
i totally agree....
Old Aug 6, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

What exactly would be considered an upgraded fuel system?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

And with the following upgrades listed in my first post, plus the larger injectors, What would be considered a safe PSI to keep for daily driving use for pump 93? I know its a very broad question to ask but im still doing my research for this topic. Also, with that following PSI, would that be enough for 400whp on pump 93?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you could just add a downpipe and meth and get a really good tune and be very close to the same numbers you would be at with the FP green and all that other stuff...

thats all up to you tho
Old Aug 6, 2008, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AhmadHasib
What exactly would be considered an upgraded fuel system?
Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, bigger injectors etc...
Old Aug 6, 2008, 07:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
you could just add a downpipe and meth and get a really good tune and be very close to the same numbers you would be at with the FP green and all that other stuff...

thats all up to you tho
This pretty much sums up what I posted.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 07:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AhmadHasib
And with the following upgrades listed in my first post, plus the larger injectors, What would be considered a safe PSI to keep for daily driving use for pump 93? I know its a very broad question to ask but im still doing my research for this topic. Also, with that following PSI, would that be enough for 400whp on pump 93?
The boost pressure would probably be around 28 or 30 lbs. To be honest this is all depending upon your atmospheric variables (elevation, air pressure etc...) This is something your tuner will adjust depending on how the car responds and is tuned. Too much boost and you run into knocking issues and detonation, not enough boost and your not going to get the most bang for your buck. I am not a tuner, so I can not really say for sure. Maybe a tuner can answer this better for you.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

buschur ftw
Old Aug 6, 2008, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled

it took 26psi on 93 for my green to hit 390-410awhp...of course you can do it with more boost and less timing or less boost and more timing depending on your supporting mods.