Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Road and Track Ultimate Track Test

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
yeah, they succeeded in making the car into something it was never meant to be in the first place. a performance sedan... it's always been a road going rally car. basically a street legal race car. not a high performance high end sedan. they are trying to target people who are never going to buy the car anyway, and in the process pissing off the people who would. nobody is going to turn down a BMW to pay 40k for a mitsubishi. especially now that it doesn't have the performance to back up the price tag. before we could excuse the noises, rattles, cheap interior, crappy sound system, and other faults because it was so fast that none of that mattered. but now they took away from the performance to focus on all of that, and it's still cheaply made, still has a lot of the problems the old car had, but it doesn't have the performance to cover it up. thank you Mitsubishi for making the IX MR
My thoughts exactly I really don't think anyone who is going to buy a bmw or lexus would see the evo x and change their mind. And in regards to the guy who asked if anyone thinks an evo ix would have done better than the x in these tests ummm...Yes
Old Aug 10, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
All those cars are better cars out from factory , and most of them even after
Absolutely no shame here.

I would say, it is a big achievement from the X to beating the lightning fast Exige S 240. Seems to me most of you dont know that model.
If somebody thinks it is an easy thing , here is more info those who dont know What the S240 means, for the performance department:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6932

so thanks for posting this test here.

nobody remembers this test by the way?
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ature/(page)/1

Results under the downloads under the buying guide window.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 10, 2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thatmr2guy
What an Evo owner should take away from this is that we were invited to the party at all and we werent DFL.

There is no editor on the planet that doesnt give kudo's to EVO's I-X. Price independent we hold are own. Pretty good for an economy car with a snail eh !!!

I think that perhaps the IX would have edged the X in a few of the contest, but in the end of the day they were against some very high end cars and the ranking wouldnt have changed much.

I think if they would have used a X fq 360 or a IX fq400 you would have seen a substantial increase in ranking. But apparently they could only get a hold of a tuned dodge
you got a very good point.
When they can bring a race ready Viper , 911 GT2, Lotus S240, Gallardo LP640, Vette z06.
Then put the base hp and set up , M3-R8-DBS-GTr- And EVo to the mix, i would ask i wonder why?They are two different league. Even if some would be faster.
Specially Dodge team shows up and set up the cars for certain track or race? Including the Porsche too.

Highly unfair against other cars.

The FQ would be a higher finisher, but still would lacking on performance against most cars here, I think would beat the M3-Lotus-DBS,
But in these circumstances, will fall behind those cars.
/the FQ 400 didn't beat the gallardo LP640, before someone starts it /

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 10, 2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
Why is it that the IX's have all performed better in several different tests?
yes it did , less then a sec... So would change the whole test out come, does it?

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 10, 2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh god another 7/8/9 vs X flame war. Who cares. Yes the X is bigger. The 9 (stock) would probably not have done a whole lot better. Did you guys take a look at the prices of these cars the evo went up against??? With very few dollars invested, the X would probably have smoked the majority of the cars in the test, but thats besides the point...
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ill stick with my Evo IX at $25,000 Add about $20,000 in mods and whip all of their asses, and still come out with more money in my pocket !

Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:28 AM

Viper ACR was very fast, but it came with a team of suspension engineers.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by number 8
Just read the sept issue article. I found it very dissappointing. What ever happened to our little "giant killer". ??
Much like a man, it got old, grew a beer belly, and got lazy!

but as was said by others, the fact that the Evo is even in same company as cars costing 10x as much, its reassuring at the very least....
Old Nov 18, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Any of the RS version would've done quite a bit better for even lower price, whether it be X RS (still not available in the US), III RS, or I-IX RS. Same for JDM STi spec-C (and its rare variants like type RA and type RA-R)

The GT-R Nurburgring laptime has a lot of controversy. First I thought it was just Porsche company that was whining, but it seems like a lot of people believe that tire pressure, suspension setting, fluid level (for weight), ECU mapping and/or even possibly the boost has been tampered. No matter how technologically advanced the car is, getting a 430whp 3850lbs car into Carrera GT, GT2, ZR1 territory sounds like a big lie to me. The times were from production cars and they were driven by different people with different weather conditions. A lot of fast limited edition production cars were still not tested, or at least not qualified as 'official'.

If you want to compare mildly modded Evo, shouldn't it be comparing it to mildly modded opponents as well? I'm sure a Z06 with high end coilovers, racing slicks and aggressive ECU tune would be a quite formidable.

The days where factory pocket rockets pose threat to supercars are gone. These days the high end cars perform just too well in every category, including reliability and aftermarket availability (although very expensive). Other than drag race, you can't simply throw on some bolt-ons and expect to run neck to neck with them.